Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, it's going to be a rough schedule the rest of the way out but so far the defense is holding opposing offenses to under 5.4pts per game. As long as the defense can do that it really doesn't matter how shitty Orton does. Member the statement I made about me playing QB? It applies here....

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
We both have tough games next week.

Vikings vs Packers
Broncos vs Cowboys

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
You gotta be kidding me about the Vikings.
They've played the Browns, Lions and 49ers! Got the Packers then Rams. Packers need to get back to them selves. Vikings are gonna have a tough road when they actually play some solid ball clubs. Luck wont be on their side as it was with the niners.

Broncos: Bengals, Browns, Raiders... They get toss right in to the fire... Cowboys, Pats, Chargers, Ravens, Steelers....

They have played surprisingly well thus far though.

Double or nothing both Vikings & Broncos lose next week. :p

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
You gotta be kidding me about the Vikings.
They've played the Browns, Lions and 49ers! Got the Packers then Rams. Packers need to get back to them selves. Vikings are gonna have a tough road when they actually play some solid ball clubs. Luck wont be on their side as it was with the niners.

Broncos: Bengals, Browns, Raiders... They get toss right in to the fire... Cowboys, Pats, Chargers, Ravens, Steelers....

They have played surprisingly well thus far though.

Double or nothing both Vikings & Broncos lose next week. :p
I want to know what was "lucky" in that game. That was a great game by 2 good teams. That catch at the end was NOT luck, it was skill. And it was the offense that moved the ball for a winning drive, and the min Defense held the Niners to what was it? Oh yeah like 10 3 and outs. Not luck.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
Greg Lewis sorry ass making a big time catch from Farve getting rocked as he threw the ball. with the saftey draped on him as time pretty much expired = Luck. But crazy shit happens all the time. Like Stokley catching a tipped ball to beat the Bungles.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Greg Lewis sorry ass making a big time catch from Farve getting rocked as he threw the ball. with the saftey draped on him as time pretty much expired = Luck. But crazy shit happens all the time. Like Stokley catching a tipped ball to beat the Bungles.
Luck: When preponderation and hard work meets opportunity. I couldn't have made either one of those plays and if you could you should try out for a NFL post haste.

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
And Greg Lewis will prolly never see the field again ala the free agent David Tyree... Luck is luck, run the same scenario 9 more times both would be luck to convert 50%. But thats the parody of the NFL... Gotta love it.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Broncos are 3-0!!! :punk :punk :punk The rest of the schedule is definitely rough, hopefully the defense can win a few more games for a relatively anemic offense. I did see some hope in the offense this weekend though. The Raiders D has been doing a good job so far but Denver managed to move the ball pretty well against them; they just stalled out in the red-zone.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Broncos are 3-0!!! :punk :punk :punk The rest of the schedule is definitely rough, hopefully the defense can win a few more games for a relatively anemic offense. I did see some hope in the offense this weekend though. The Raiders D has been doing a good job so far but Denver managed to move the ball pretty well against them; they just stalled out in the red-zone.
Yeah but stalling out in the red zone is what separates the good teams from the great teams. If they're going to survive the rest of the schedule they're going to need to figure out a way to get a TD each and every time. Otherwise they're not looking too bad. Protecting the ball and doing what they need to do for the most part. I just don't want to see them get behind and have to rely on the arm of Orton. :eek:hmy

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
Man.....the Raiders look like crap. Jamarcus is getting worse. Defense in the AFC West. SD did it's job (finally) this weekend as well. Props to Denver for kicking ass on the other side of the ball.

·
Premium Member
1,624 Posts
Yeah but stalling out in the red zone is what separates the good teams from the great teams. If they're going to survive the rest of the schedule they're going to need to figure out a way to get a TD each and every time. Otherwise they're not looking too bad. Protecting the ball and doing what they need to do for the most part. I just don't want to see them get behind and have to rely on the arm of Orton. :eek:hmy
I totally agree with you, it will suck if they have to play catch up. Orton makes some bad throws and throws at the ground a lot :lol , but at least he isn't throwing picks.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I totally agree with you, it will suck if they have to play catch up. Orton makes some bad throws and throws at the ground a lot :lol , but at least he isn't throwing picks.
That's true but he hasn't really had to play from behind yet. Easy to play from ahead when your best weapon is a solid run game. Playing from behind means they're relying on Orton's arm when the defense knows he's throwing and then they're in trouble.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
25,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
So the power rankings came out and Denver was moved ALL THE WAY UP TO 13!

:dissapointed

Geee... thanks for that. :banghead

How can the #1 defense in the NFL belong to the 13th strongest team in the league? They're allowing 5.3pts per game (2nd place is allowing 3x the points per game) and are leading by a long ways in pretty much every category. The offense isn't the worst and in fact at #8 there's a LOT more offenses out there with bigger names that are doing substantially worse.

Best defense aside anyone else find it kind of odd how the #1 through #6 teams in the power rankings are ALL 3-0 but then you have to drop all the way to THIRTEENTH to find the only other undefeated team in the NFL? If Denver were a New York area team they would be ranked in the top 5. I hate how Denver never gets any credit when they play well. Every game they win it's about how the other team lost it and not how they won it. been that way as long as I can remember so it really shouldn't surprise me anymore.

For fucks sake, even a team they beat (Bengals) is ranked AHEAD of them! They may need to guess on the rest but for shit's sake they won head to head. Common sense would say they're a more powerful team.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? :wtf

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Vikings are ranked 5th:p

·
Premium Member
5,169 Posts
All boils down to the mathematics of college football. SOS. Theres a reason why Boise St teams get snubbed. Beating on the Browns & Raiders isnt much of a resume. The Vikings shouldn't be higher than the Broncos. Seeing as they played even more cup cakes and did it less impressively. In 3-4 weeks if both teams can still bolster similar stats knock down the Ravens, Eagles, Pats, Falcons etc...

·
Premium Member
9,050 Posts
Man, a Broncos AND Vikings hater all in one^

:lol

SF is no "cup cake" team this year either. I'll give you the Browns and Lions. What will you say if we knock the Packers off Monday night? Luck? What if Denver beats Dallas? Luck again?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts