Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally posted by Ragnar:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial"> 123rwhp, even though I can't remember the specs !

Andy

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I guessed that first, what do we win anyway?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What to give as a prize? How about a dyno run? I got two "Free Dyno Run" coupons with my jet kit...and I really only need one.

So here are the "rules"...

1) The Gixxer.com member that guesses the closest, without going over, the Dyno measured Rear Wheel Horsepower (RWHP) will win a coupon issued by K&N Engineering,Inc. valid for one free Dyno run (US only per the coupon, you Canadians will have to smuggle it across the border)

2) One guess per member, no editing of posts.

3) Guesses will be in increments of 0.0, 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, 0.4, 0.5, 0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, for example...1.3 rwhp, 1.5 rwhp, 2.0 rwhp.

Guesses of increments without a decimal will NOT be accepted.

Determination of actual measurement will be determined by the wife of Simon Orttan...she's the closest person to being truely impartial I can find.

4) Coupon will be mailed via US Postal Service.

5) Deadline for "contest" is "when I get it Dyno'd"...or hopefully no later than the 4th of May 2002.

6) THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR FUN, NOT PROFIT, SO NO WHINING!!!! AGAIN, I SAY THIS IS FOR FUN!!!

And here is the list of modifications...

Stock 1986 GSX-R 750 RG motor with 25,000 miles. Which last made roughly 85rwhp stock with the Hindle/31mm carbs.

Resleeved to 907cc by APE.

907cc pistons by JE.

1992 GSX-R 750 valve head with STOCK cam with valve job and minor machining performed by Suter's Speed Shop.

Titanium valve spring retainers by APE.
1992 GSX-R 750 carbs...38mm with K&N jet kit #19-3135 and individual K&N filters

Dyna 2000 (DDK3-3) ignition, coils (DC4-1) and plug wire set (DW-800)

Hindle Supersport stainless steel exhaust.

Let the guessing begin

·
3,476 Posts
An actual prize, nice work Simon! And something I could use.

So for the record.....123.0 RWHP.....yes, that is my final answer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
ONE HUNDRED AN SEVENTY TWO!! no, i am gonna guesssssssssssssssss.......113.6
yeah i know, dumb number, but can this dyno run be used for my veehickle? i don't have a bike yettt. so is mrs. simon gonna put the actual dyno numbers on her chest or bum in a piccc!!!
ima win ima win!!! yeah for me!!!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by FastCat:
Simon, you *ROCK*!

Bob Barker ain't got nuttin' on you...

[price_is_right]
A NEW CAR! ...err, DYNO RUN!
[/price_is_right]

What kinda chain/sprocket and oil you runnin' on that beast?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Renthal sprockets and an Omega somethin or other chain (I don't remember what it is and I'm too lazy to go look) in 530

and Spectro 10-40 regular...not synthetic "Golden Spectro"

[ 04-27-2002, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: Simon Orttan ]

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Well Simon what is the ignition curve you have the Dyna set at, I am going to guess, 118.78925 rwhp

-Karl

[ 04-27-2002, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: KJ1 ]

·
Registered
308 Posts
128.9 rwhp i guess. If i win give the dyno run to someone else, not much use to me in this neck of the woods.

·
Premium Member
10,391 Posts
One of two things will happen: 1- the thing will blow in 4th at 13k rpm; hope it won't. 2- I'm goin with 119rwhp. Hey for fun, on the 3rd pass give it a shot of NOS in the air intake, it'll probably spike at 147 rwhp.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm going to guess 120.1 hp

What cam timing are you going to use? 102 Intake and 105 Exhaust? I've got the Sport Rider article calles "Sweet Nastiness" in front of me and those are the numbers they used on the bike which just so happens to have just about the same setup as you do with the exception that they used 883cc Cosworth pistons and a V&H PowerPak.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts