Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1000k3 speedo/tach randomly mid ride stopped working. high beam indicator and turn signals indicators work. already check fuses everything else is fine. Any ideas why the gauges stoppd. Anybody got any recommendations fo a bike just bought that was used 3k miles in 7 yrs??

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Check the wiring harness going to the gauges. Chances are the wire that powers up the cluster is corroded. Same thing happened on my K6 a couple years ago.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree, my 600 did this after I got a bit over zelous with the water when i was washing my bike, I disconnected and cleaned the harness with computer spray, it will evaporate any water and you should be back in business

·
Banned
3,858 Posts
Plug another set of gauges in to work out whether it's the gauges or something else. If it's the gauges send them for repair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whats the deal with the funky gauges? With some troubleshooting I have discovered that my gauges wont work and show all 8's if there are any indicator lights on when turning on the bike, such as neutral, signals, or hibeam. If I let it sit for 10 seconds or so with it in 1st, the tach needle does its test sweep and then the gauge will work until I hit neutral, enable turn signal, honk horn, etc. Seems like anytime there is a current draw it shuts down and stops updating. It will come back (sometimes) after a few seconds.

Then again, sometimes it wont get off the segment test screen (8's) no matter what I try. I'm trying to find someone local that will let me test with their cluster and will post results as soon as I find a sucker, err, I mean helper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts