Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

481 - 487 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Andrew. I had a god ride but found it has quite a flat spot between 6500 and 9000 rpm. Once it hits 9000 rpm its good again. It only happens when on full throttle. If I only give it half throttle it rolls up nicely without any flat spot or fluffing. What do you think the likely issue is there? As it is mid range I would assume there is a needle jet issue? I have some kit parts for the carbs but not a new needle jet. I see there is only one needle jet available in the parts list so did the BST40 only have one size?
Thanks in advance.
Graham.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Hi Graham, I am presuming yours is stock? If so I would suggest you may have some contamination in the carbs. If I may we have some definition of terms potential confusion here? The Jet needle is the bit that slides up and down, the needle jet is what it slides within, according to the race kit manual. There is only 1 jet needle listed for the stock carb settings as you would expect and there is 1 jet needle for the race kit, which may not be expected? But there are 3 options fior the needle jet in the race kit. However until you get to say 9000 rpm you are still on the Jet needle, as you say. I doubt you have a worn jet needle? But I could be wrong? I have pulled the carbs off once or forty plus times over the years and they are pretty straightforward I think. I can send you some pics to assist if you don't have anything. I would take them off and strip and clean using a carb cleaner ( keep the o-rings etc away from the carb cleaner) of your choice frrom a local speed shop or whatever you call em in NZ. Also I originally fitted a carb race kit as I haven't run the standard air box for years. If you are running the standard air box I would leave the settings alone. Of course if Dynojet had a made a kit, which as we know they don't ,that would have been an option for a performance gain with race pipe or whatever. Trust this is of some help. Cheers Andrew

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great thanks Andrew. Yes mine is bone stock (I believe). Jet needle, needle jet,,, well we live and we learn. Coming from years playing with British bikes there was only one needle jet that came with both parts so this is new territory for me. I have kits for them so will strip them out and see whats going on.
Thanks for your help.
Graham.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi this has probably already been asked but I have a 91 gsxf750 I’ve been told that the gsxr750rr plastics fit straight on is this correct need to know before I order them thanks ... cal

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Hi Cal, I haven't heard of the RR fairings fitting GSXF750's. I have seen some fitted to GSXR750's of a similar vintage but even this doesn't look like a simple fit. But I could be wrong?. One of the first issues I believe is that the RR has a rear subframe designed for a single seat. So the rear mounting point of the seat/tail section bolts in the mid way point and reasonably high up so I don't see this being an easy fit to your GSXF? Maybe try the general forum, or somebody else on this RR thread maybe able to chip in? Hope this helps a little. Cheers Andrew

481 - 487 of 487 Posts