Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

461 - 465 of 465 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello,

I am new to GixxeR and really enjoying this particular thread, just some random thoughts that maybe of interest (?) being an RK custodian myself. Had mine since 1991 bought new from Peter Stevens in Dandenong (Australia). Sold it sometime in 1997, bought it back some 2 months later. Haven't read through all the threads yet but the articles on the RG v RK is great and the Mortlock Internal use only document is fantastic stuff. Also didn't realise the 1989 AMA winner was a short stroke. Noting that Polens 1989 RR winning All Japan F1 Champion and WSB race winner was a long stroke. Although I loved my GSXR750K, so short strokes are all good by me. My RR is running an even longer stroke kit with longer conrods and spacers on the bottom of the barrel. Noting mine is far from stock, but most parts are kit parts or better.

I note some have 2 or 3 RK's, wow!

Nice if you can do it, makes me feel a lot better about the number of toys I have. 😊

Agree with the comments on the brake rotors above.

Ciao

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all.
I stumbled across this article while cruising Pintrest and really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if its been posted here before but here it is anyway. It was first published in Bike Australia May/June 1990.

Archives: Blue Bolide

Graham.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Graham,

I have the original Bike Austraila magazine and used it as part of my research before buying my RR (Nearly 30 years ago....).Yes it is a really good article referencing the 1988 World Endurance championship. Thanks for posting it, as it brought back a lot of good memories.

Andrew

461 - 465 of 465 Posts