Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

421 - 440 of 454 Posts

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Thanks collectors and javadog for the feedback. Looking at my tail the striping is pearl, so I'm fairly happy that it is original apart from the obvious repair.

collectors, I noticed the RK you sold has shown up on bikesales.com.au with a healthy increase in asking price.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi

I just bought a GSXR 750 RK
GR79B 100201 and R714 engine.
Imported from Germany to my country Norway.

I need some parts if someone would sell . I need fastback /monosit with seat and rear light.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all
I have had a 750RK for a few years in Perth Western Australia. One of a few bikes brought in by Mortlock Suzuki from France as far as I can discover. I ran in a a few track days and now it is scheduled for a complete rebuild. Just seeing if there are any RK owners in Perth? My bike was raced by Stuart Adams (see https://sites.google.com/site/innesphotografix/stuart-adams---racing-for-breast-cancer). Stuart sold me the bike and the original fairings. My bike has race glass which is a bit tired. The original fairings are near perfect, also have the hop up kit manual and tuners notes with lots of spares that came with the bike. I will have to source a 1989 GSXR 750R for parts to help make the bike back to original however these standard bikes are starting to be expensive. Really nice to have found this forum, Merry Christmas everyone!

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is with a heavy heart that I've decided to sell my RK.
The bike is in need of restoration and hasnt run in 10 years.
It needs paintwork, OEM exhaust and has K&N filters instead of the original airbox.
The bike is located in Belgium but I can ship anywhere at cost.
http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...sgwyismr2.jpeg
http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...s8nwcfvcf.jpeg
http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...s8v7qlk0i.jpeg
http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...swmfxfu2g.jpeg
http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...s1xdwgesw.jpeg
Price.....PM me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All!
I'm doing a little research, and i got confused. There are references on the internet for several names and I need an explenation.
Some are refering to GSX-R750R 1989 as a model that was never imported to the US. Some are claiming that 200 units got there.
Some are saying that the RK had more updates and changes over a "regular" RR, and others are taling as there is only one special model: the RK.
On Wikipedia it calims that there were 2 seperate RR models at 1989: the RR Limited edition and the more racing focused RK.
Please advise: Two RR models at the same year? Or just one with two nick names?

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Yeah, I think there was one but with two nicknames. There was the RR also known as the RK. Mine is in my shop so I can't look at the registration plate right at the moment to look at the designation. The US never got it but several came in through Canada and maybe through other countries.

The RR/RK and the regular 1989 GSXR are quite different. The RR/RK engine is a long stroke and the cases were drilled and tapped for a higher lean angle which resulted in case covers that only fit the 1989 RR/RK engine. The subframe is quite different as are pretty much all of the fittings. You can fit a regular 1989 GSXR swingarm and front end onto a RR/RK frame but Suzuki made specific model number parts for those items and the swing arm in particular is quite different.

There are many differences between the 89 regular and RR/RK so I am sure others will chime in and fill in the details.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you! You helped me a lot.
But just look at the "SUZUKI GSX-R750" at English Wiki (I can't post links as I'm still ranked here as a "squid")
It claims that there were 2 models. The RR was imported to the US at 200 units. The RK was not imported at all.
Who can advise if there was an official import to the US by Suzuki?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
The official name of both the 1986 and 1989 limited production variants is GSX-R750R. There are factory publications that refer to them in different terms. The 1986 bike has been labeled GSX750RR and the 1989 bike has been labeled GSX-R750RK. There are other designations, but why muddy the waters any further?

The two bikes are usually labeled the Limited (1986) and RK (1989) by the general public.

The Limited was imported to the US, although nobody has any definitive numbers on how many were imported, or how many were even produced and sold, worldwide. None of the 500 RK models built were imported to the US by Suzuki. 32 were officially imported into Canada for sale and a few additional examples were brought in for racing use. There may have been something around 10 RK's brought into the US by their owners, although that's just a guess based on how many I personally know about. One of those is now headed back to Canada as of a few days ago...

JR

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah. That was me.

Quick update. Scored a spare motor in bits. it dropped both exhaust valves in No.1 cylinder and did a bit of damage but nothing that is unrepairable. It's missing the clutch pack and gearbox as they robbed them out of the motor to put into an 1100 motor that they then put into the bike. Got a few other spares with it including a few steel shim base gaskets, L&R peg plates, a couple of different height rear shock top mounts and a set of coils.

Managed to get a 90 750 oil cooler to replace the original for the moment. New RR cooler is on the shopping list soon.
Im pretty sure ive got the RR your engine came from.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,680 Posts
Just bought my original one back........woohooo ! Still original 2000 kms
Original tyres.........first ever production bike to be fitted with radial tyres.
Nice bike! One thing worth noting is that the 1986 GSXR750 came from the factory with Bridgestone radials. That was the first ever production bike to be fitted with radial tyres.

·
FBH Operator
3,026 Posts
Collectors,
Is that the one that won in last year's Jap Bike Show?
I'll have to catch up with you again sometime.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello everyone!

My name is Nuno, i'm from the philippines. I just recently acquired my bike, Suzzy, last February 22, 2017. But sadly, she was neglected and chopped, and was heavily modified. Right now i'm just trying to fix of what was left of the her. obviously, i need expert support from you guys who are owners of these wonderful limited gems.

I need help on parts sourcing (compatible or OEM parts, i have limited budget), tips and tricks also and lots of advice.
I love her, she's my first real superbike. :)

Chassis No: GR79C-100029
Engine No: R715-100148

Cheers!

Attachments

421 - 440 of 454 Posts
About this Discussion
453 Replies
79 Participants
Hootguy
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing