Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GSXR750G \'sleeper\' tuning

I'll be getting one of these early Gixxers soon and I'm already thinking about some 'street sleeper' mods...
The plan is to acquire any parts over the next few months as and when they become available in order to keep costs down.
What I want to do is build a motor for it that keeps the 748cc casting on the block, stock carbs and (most of) the airbox, and looks outwardly stock, but will still at least keep up with a Fireblade, just to piss off my mate with his brand new 'Blade!
I know that there is compatibility between the 750's and 1100's, although there are plenty of differences e.g. rod dimensions. So any suggestions would be welcome eg 1200 Bandit pistons and big liners??, bearing in mind that it has to run on pump gas, start on the button every time, be reliable (concerned about bottom-end durability) and not cost a fortune.
Did consider a hidden nitrous system, but I'll keep that for my drag bike (must get it finished soon!)...

Cheers
Chris M.

G

·
0 Posts
Re: GSXR750G \'sleeper\' tuning

I believe J.E. makes a 955cc big bore kit for your bike..... Smoothbore carbs would also help a bunch but would require tossing the air box.

·
Registered
17,099 Posts

chris, the 750g ('86 model) has the long stroke motor which displaces 749cc's. the 748cc motor is the short stroke motor used on 88-89 750's (j and k models).

you have the short stroke motor in the '86 chassis?

G

·
0 Posts

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jeff:
chris, the 750g ('86 model) has the long stroke motor which displaces 749cc's. the 748cc motor is the short stroke motor used on 88-89 750's (j and k models).

you have the short stroke motor in the '86 chassis?
<hr></blockquote>

I didn't catch the cc thing but yes if it's an 88-89 GSXR750 motor(748cc) then your options are not as clear cut as with the long stroke motors(749cc).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Oops...my mistake. The casting on the block is 749cc. It is the original long stroke motor.

Thanks
Chris

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

I think the OEM carbs are gonna be the hard part... I've heard about people "boring out" the throttle bodies on EFI cars, but I have no idea if you can get away with that on CV carbs or not... just an idea...

·
Registered
426 Posts

I think the "g" model is the 86 (H is 87), stick with the 750 bottom (6 speed), get 1052cc on top (gotta' love bolt on), spend the $ and get a good set of 38's or 40's (carbs). sorry, loose the airbox! and stick on a set of K&N's, get a little port & polish through the valves (and a 3 angle valve job since your there) this application will produce a 130+hp at the rear, as for a sleeper....Hindle makes a kinda' silent can or skip all of what I said and and get a turbo, have some one make a pass-by airbox for the turbo sys, "turbo into 4 carbs", bike will start and idle much easy'er.

·
Registered
354 Posts

why dont you do a bandit motor up and put it in there headwork,carbs and cams bring these things to life just finished one up about a month ago 9.84 in the 1/4 stock pistons

1 - 8 of 8 Posts