Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
gland:

The GSXR750G model in the UK had 29mm VM carbs on them. Here, USA, in 1986 the US models had 31 mm CV Mikuni's and in 1987 had 34 mm Mikuni CV's on them. In 1988 the US models went to the 36 mm CV carbs.

The 34mm CV's and the 36mm CV's (which will probably be the most available) would be a good upgrade for your application. The 38's are out there, but, may be too big unless you have some motor mods requiring more air/fuel.

As I stated, the 36's may be more available to you, that also goes for 38's if you motor calls for them.

MAKE sure you get the CARB boots for the carbs in order for the carbs to boot correctly onto the motor, without any problems. The carb boots your motor has on it now, will be too little to apply the larger carbs.

Sources for these carbs, here at Gixxer.com, I just sold a set of 36's (have one more set) and have 2 set of 38's, Dragbike.com, Sudco.com, and possibly a local salvage yard who has an older Katana's or GSXR's years 1986-1990 in the yard.

Good Luck,

JDB1371

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm glad somebody else knows how hard it is to get 34&36mm mikunis second hand in the UK. I have a set of 36mm mikunis from a GSXR1100K for sale complete with K&N dual flange filters and throttle cable which were fitted to my GSXR750F.
E mail me if you are interested in them.
I advertised them before but all I got was hassle about the price from ourlucky cousins across the water who get everything for f***k all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts