Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
3,486 Posts
Thanks;)......Never saw that design before. I have a Yosh replica for a Slabside, and the blueprints for the slingy. I'm copying both. This could be a cool option too as I think it eliminates the sprocket cover completely....I think I'll bid......

·
Premium Member
10,492 Posts
I can make one of those pretty easy. Its just some flat aluminum on a hacked up sprocket cover with a mitered tube. Piece o cake. You'll have to wait until late December though as I just took my Argon tank back yesterday - and you'll have to supply the sprocket cover. Heres the thing though, if you're going to put it on that Kat engice, your clutch mechanism is going to be in the way. I can compensate for that though by having it stick out a little more.

·
Premium Member
1,412 Posts
long_av8r said:
I can make one of those pretty easy. Its just some flat aluminum on a hacked up sprocket cover with a mitered tube. Piece o cake. You'll have to wait until late December though as I just took my Argon tank back yesterday - and you'll have to supply the sprocket cover. Heres the thing though, if you're going to put it on that Kat engice, your clutch mechanism is going to be in the way. I can compensate for that though by having it stick out a little more.
Make them and sell em for $75. LOL

·
Premium Member
10,492 Posts
njsgsxr750 said:
Make them and sell em for $75. LOL
Yeah, that's not likely to happen. I was merely saying that theres nothing to fight over, it's not made from unobtanium and it can be fabricated with reletive ease. Now, if I were to start up a production shop and then only sell maybe 10 copies? well, it would require more than $75 to make it worth my while.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Going a new direction with the Kat 600 deal... going to use a 90 750 motor, with cylinder and pistons from a 600... Better, stronger trans, and the 750 head will be better than the 600... The 600 is just a sleeved down 86-87, 90-92 long stroke 750. Remove sleeves, overbore 1 mm, and you have a motor that reads 599cc on the cyl, but is actually a 771cc.. hmmmmm

·
Premium Member
10,492 Posts
XRacerX said:
Going a new direction with the Kat 600 deal... going to use a 90 750 motor, with cylinder and pistons from a 600... Better, stronger trans, and the 750 head will be better than the 600... The 600 is just a sleeved down 86-87, 90-92 long stroke 750. Remove sleeves, overbore 1 mm, and you have a motor that reads 599cc on the cyl, but is actually a 771cc.. hmmmmm
Uh, wouldn't that be cheating? Scratch that - nevermind...

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I get it for the reason of authentisity, I too hope to turn the yellow dinosaur into a period Yosh replica someday. I ride mine daily and use it for the ocasional track day and I've been down a couple of times on this bike (1 street and 1 track) and that would have ended my track day if the battery was mounted there. As for the center of gravity I just mounted a much smaller/lighter sealed battery from an R6 in the stock location.:cheers

·
Premium Member
10,492 Posts
Yeah, I've seen that before also withthe R6 battery - a good idea for practical track use. The bike I am building for track use probably will run the same setup. The replica is a different story. I'll have too much work in it to take a chance on crashing it at the track. And if I did, the battery would be the least of my worries. :scared

BTW, are you running a constant loss system on that one?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
No constant loss system on either one. The oiler is my daily driver and my fav out of the two. I got the 01 because there was no way in hell to be competitve racing the 91. I know what you are saying about crashing the Old Skool. Mine was pretty nice and clean until I low sided and the bike barrel rolled when it went off the track last year. I almost cried, I have a lot of blood sweat and tears into this old bike. At the time it was all I had. As clean as your street bike is I wouldn't take it on the track either. This is the fourth oiler I have owned I just can't stay away from them. I used to have a sweet 86 750 that i should have never gotten rid of.

·
Premium Member
10,492 Posts
TSAVO5150 said:
As clean as your street bike is I wouldn't take it on the track either.
You mean was. Some asshole stole it during MotoGP and I am now building a couple more to replace it with. Niether of them will ever see track time. One of the 87's is going to be a stock bike down to the muffler, and the other is going to be built like a Schwantz/Yosh replica, but I may take some liberties with it. The third I am building is a Slingshot and it will be the track bike. It's getting built from a salvaged frame and some "spare" parts (that's what I am telling the wife anyway) so whatever happens to that one happens. If it survives, I may do something else with it later or I may sell it for a newer track bike. With me, who the hell knows? Anything is possible I suppose.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
long_av8r said:
You mean was. Some asshole stole it during MotoGP
Sorry Bro I forgot about that.:hammer

If you want any suggestions on building the slingy for the track let me know I have all kinds if trick track goodies and set up #'s and it handles better than you would ever think on of these bike could.:thumbup

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.