Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1992 GSX-R750 WN
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, in Australia I picked up a GSXR750WN 1992 (watercooled) with the ADR/Vin plate replaced with a motorcycle modification plate. On the plate an importers number added to the frame number as a new Vin number. I am trying to track the country it's imported from. The model is a GR7BC, the wiring loom harness is 36610-17E00, (which I think E00 is for Japanese domestic market). Suzuki Australia can't get a match on this loom number..l have a Suzuki service manual for WN 1992 but can't find wiring diagram with a TPS in any country.
But it has got a TPS mounted on the left-side of the mikunis , so properly is an aftermarket ad-on. There no id number on the Carbies, possibly off another bike. I havent pull the loom apart yet to trace the wiring. Normally TPS's are wired back to igniter, but colours from the TPS don't go there...
Sure the bike's had few mods, Yoshimura pipe, alloy tail- tidy, TPS..etc Any ideas of which country it's from?
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Auto part

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
1992 GSX-R750 WN
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem solved.. ..After finding E00 on the wiring loom I took the punt and bought a Japanese Service manual. Then using a phone translator app I saw the GR7BC model is a model for their domestic market in Japan. It HAS a 3 wire throttle sensor standard. So, the carbies pictured previously are standard and what other bits are different to the rest, I'll be using translating on the whole manual to find out.
If anyone is interested I'll post the what I find.
Cheers
Font Parallel Rectangle Screenshot Pattern

Font Number Screenshot Event Electric blue

· Registered
1992 GSX-R750 WN
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
After starting to tranlate Japanese to English and comparing 1992 manuals, ita slow process. The GR7BC model was only made for Japan (E00) only. They seemed to have done some R+D on this locally for future models. The BTS38SS carbies are ID. 17E8, slingshot type, no power jet. Slightly smaller mainjets to the rest. Noted that the gen2, oil-cooled models all mainjets the same size in each and 3gen(1992 watercooled) 1 +4 mainjets were one size smaller to 2+3. Subtle but important improvement.The ignitor or ECU sensors the throttle valve opening ( by the TPS ), the gear selector sensor and the engine speed to determine optimum ignition timing. The motor id R722, which is 749cc not 748 as stated on another sites specs list. If anyone has this manual on pdf..easier to translate from Japanese. Cheers

· Registered
1992 GSX-R750 WN
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I noted it as an improvement, Suzuki only started jetting the centre 2 carbs higher on the watercooled models, but it was needed more on the gen1+2, oil cooled models to allow for cyl 2+3 running hotter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts