Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im looking at the 1k motor and radiator assembly along with the oil cooler. How do thise mount up?

I have the upper mounts of the radiator mounted to the frame. When i swing the radiator backward the lower holes on it do not line up with the upper holes on the oil cooler.

Should they? Anyone have pictures of the brackets etc?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
have you resolved you issue?

i am doing the same thing here, pm'ed you with a questions or two.

i have a hardcopy 2000 gsxr750 manual, 01-03 gsxr750 manual on cd and a 2001 manual on cd so what year bike do you have?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have the hardcopy manuals for the 750. I know how the radiator mounts on a 750, thats no problem.

The problem is i don't know how the radiator mounts to the oil cooler on the 01-02 GSXR1000

The motor in the bike is a 01 1k motor.

Do you have any links to a 1k manual.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
ok, i have a 2000 gsxr750 frame, radiator in the garage. also have a 2001 gsxr1000 engine, radiator, oil cooler.

looks like the top of the 1000 radiator has 2 mount tabs with gromits that connect to the bike frame. botom of the radiator has a center mount tab w/ gromet, this is bolted to a bracket going to the engine. there are 2 more bottom tabs w/o gromets that bolt to the oil cooler and finally the oil cooler has a center tabe (somewhat right of center) on its bottom that bolts to a bracket mounted on the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts