Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up a 2009 GSXR 1300 with no keys from an auction. I called the local Suzuki dealer but they just wanted to sell me a new ignition /lock set kit.
anyone know or have any ideas hot to get a new key cut for the currant equipment? I took the ign switch out and though the code on the bottom was a code but i was told it wasn't.
any help would be great!
TIA!
Jason

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,718 Posts
Suzuki used to keep the keycode number and would supply it upon proof of ownership. A locksmith can cut a key from it. Alternately a dealer can buy a precut key from Suzuki if you provide them with proof of ownership (and they're so inclined). There's a thing called an Accureader that will read the ignition switch while it's on the bike so that a key can be cut from that info. Locksmiths have them (see
). There are probably alternative readers.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,860 Posts
There is no GSX-R 1300. But, a locksmith can make a key.

·
17,011 Posts
just picked up a 2009 GSXR 1300 with no keys from an auction. I called the local Suzuki dealer but they just wanted to sell me a new ignition /lock set kit.
anyone know or have any ideas hot to get a new key cut for the currant equipment? I took the ign switch out and though the code on the bottom was a code but i was told it wasn't.
any help would be great!
TIA!
Jason
Lol.
"From an auction.."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts