Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 7/11 project came to a halt today, nearly finished, put the chain on and noticed that it shifts into first or neutral, nto no availothing else, it wont go into second gear, no click, nothing

I tried rotating the tire while manipulating the shifter lever to no avail

I pulled off the clutch cover and removed everything to expose the ratchet shifting mechanism but see nothing odd, looks like i may have to split the cases.....I hope I can source parts

so who is our resident gixxer trans expert

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
for your inspection, or viewing pleasure... In the third picture you can see the pin that the spring acts upon, what is the best way to get this out easily..... its hard to get to the bolt head

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
You do not have to remove that pin, and the selector shafts can stay in place to split the cases. If you remove the sump and flip the engine you should be able to see why the gearbox does not shift.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tore the pan off, found the problem, it wasnt in the trans, the shifter linkage was binding ever so slightly, the rod end mount on the pedal was just barely touching the bracket, fixed, and a new pen gasket, the pan looked great other than a tiny amount of what I believe are clutch fibers/particles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts