Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So turboing a sacs engine (11) after the main things to do base plate copper gaskets etc. what’s really next to strengthen up the engine the main thing that many will say is rods pistons but I believe the factory stuff is pretty damn strong an with compression dropped with spacer an running race gas only I’m not really worrying about that. Also excepting opinions not stating facts. I have ape studs as well and hardware ape too. Would you guys say valve train to except more boost or oiling bridge for the cams? Just asking for some people’s opinion with more experience then mine.??? Thanks

·
Likes to race old junk.
1,850 Posts
How much boost do you plan on running?
What happened to the existing engine in your bike?
If you're running high boost...than rods and proper low compression pistons. Spacer plates are a cheap way to drop compression on a low boost engine, but it's far from ideal.
If you aren't setting your "squish", than your leaving hp on the table.
Street bike, or drag bike? There's lots of things that you can get away with for only 1/4 mile, that will catch up with you during an extended ride.
Get a pair of adjustable cam sprockets so that you can degree your cams.
The cylinder head will benefit from a set of new springs.
Upgrade the oil cooler.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything was ok I was running psi levels all over the place 15 psi Normal always ran Race Gas in the bike screamed 2mm cylinder spacer Holley fuel pump HSR 42 carb Electric fan on factory cooler which honestly I never use the fan the bikes temperatures were excellent what happened was my vacuum line that runs from the intake to wastegate melted it’s self like a straw that you melt the center of intern basically I was running maybe even a little over 30 pounds of boost and I melted my head because I believe valve train float the rocker arms got beat up really bad by the cam shaft bottom end still looks beautiful bearings Pistons cylinder walls etc. I did have a PI did have ape Adjustable cam gears and turns in heAdjustable cam gears and chain tensioner I did have proper fuel with gauge to monitor dropping cosmetic copper gaskets throughout the whole engine I did do my homework on the build with running I got sandpaper in the garage all right want to let me help you are yoI did do my homework on the build with running near stock engine This was my very first time turboing something So you live in learn I really never know about exactly what that line did

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much boost do you plan on running?
What happened to the existing engine in your bike?
If you're running high boost...than rods and proper low compression pistons. Spacer plates are a cheap way to drop compression on a low boost engine, but it's far from ideal.
If you aren't setting your "squish", than your leaving hp on the table.
Street bike, or drag bike? There's lots of things that you can get away with for only 1/4 mile, that will catch up with you during an extended ride.
Get a pair of adjustable cam sprockets so that you can degree your cams.
The cylinder head will benefit from a set of new springs.
Upgrade the oil cooler.
Horsepower goal is probably 200 wheel to 225 wheel And pretty much I’m just looking for reliability before the bike was excellent it ran good in all aspects temperature horsepower no dead spots truly was a good bike I’m really just looking for what upgrades should really be done for longevity when it comes to ripping on the thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts