Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all...
My 92 gsxr1100 has started to jolt when accelerating in 2nd gear. When i say jolt it feels as if im pulling and releasing the clutch in the blink of an eye. Its bloody violent and dangerous.
The clutch is perfect. No slipping and goes through the gears fine.
Any ideas?
Thank you
Ben

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
Do you mean it kinda feels like it's cutting out? What does the engine sound like when it does this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The engine is fine and its only in 2nd gear under acceleration.
Id like to start searching for replacement parts before dropping the engine out.
Any idea what parts will need to be replaced?

·
Squid
3,564 Posts
The engine is fine and its only in 2nd gear under acceleration.
Id like to start searching for replacement parts before dropping the engine out.
Any idea what parts will need to be replaced?
Second gear, the one beside it that it engages to, and your shift forks which ultimately allowed this to develop.

I'd say let go of the notion of having everything you need before you start, because there's going to be something you didn't notice or plan for that you'll be waiting a week for some critical part to come in anyway.

Open it up and see what needs doing. Now is a good time to do your bearings too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is it doing like this?

This is the problem I'm having. After filming that vid, transmission started to make grinding noise and immediately parked my bike. Next step is to open up transmission when I got time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts