Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am building a Hybrid machine which will have a GSXR 1000 K7 front end and a bespoke swing arm to take a GSXR 600/750 K4 K5 rear wheel assembly. What I am after are the dimensions or schematics for the front and rear hubs so that I can make my own hubs. I have trawled the internet to no avail. I know Devi at Cognito Moto make some fine looking stuff, but I really want to fabricate my own. Is there anyone out there who has these details or can oint me in the right direction... Failing that I am going to have to buy the wheels just to measure up and then sell them on.
Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
14,999 Posts
No clue what you're trying to do. You need to make your question a bit more clear and also introduce yourself with your riding experience and bike pics in the starting line section of the forum. I'd love to help but again I have no clue what the hell you're trying to do. In any event, welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I live in Uk 3 miles from Oulton Park race track. I have been riding for 30 years on various machinery both british and jap love 2 strokes and 4 strokes alike. Like to do trackdays when I can but never been a tourer. Passionate about Motogp and the technology involved in those awsome machines. Currently in my garage is a Honda NSR250R SP MC28, Kawasaki ZX12R A1, Kawasaki H1A, BSA Bantam D14, Honda ST70 in my workshop in a million pieces is the beginnings of Norton 850/GSXR 1000 Hybrid. I would much rather manufacture a part than buy it...

What I am trying to do is make spoked/laced wheels for a GSXR1000 K7 front and a GSXR600/750 K4 K5 rear. To enable me to CNC the hubs I require the dimensions of the standard wheels. Offset, PCD, Rotor spacing etc. for front, cush drive, offset, PCD etc. for rear.
Its looking more likely that I will have to but second hand wheels to get the measurements myself but thought someone on this forum may have the details.

·
Super Moderator
14,999 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I live in Uk 3 miles from Oulton Park race track. I have been riding for 30 years on various machinery both british and jap love 2 strokes and 4 strokes alike. Like to do trackdays when I can but never been a tourer. Passionate about Motogp and the technology involved in those awsome machines. Currently in my garage is a Honda NSR250R SP MC28, Kawasaki ZX12R A1, Kawasaki H1A, BSA Bantam D14, Honda ST70 in my workshop in a million pieces is the beginnings of Norton 850/GSXR 1000 Hybrid. I would much rather manufacture a part than buy it...

What I am trying to do is make spoked/laced wheels for a GSXR1000 K7 front and a GSXR600/750 K4 K5 rear. To enable me to CNC the hubs I require the dimensions of the standard wheels. Offset, PCD, Rotor spacing etc. for front, cush drive, offset, PCD etc. for rear.
Its looking more likely that I will have to but second hand wheels to get the measurements myself but thought someone on this forum may have the details.

Sorry man...can't help with the wheels Hopefully someone else will chime in. Post pics of the bikes though. You have a nice collection.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi JK750 thanks for your post, I have been through all the grabcad and other sites before. I have already started programming mine but need the exact sizes to complete CAD model.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts