Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a problem with surging on tick over and when riding slow and off throttle. My GSXR 1000 L1 has twin Arrow Cans, O2 illiminator, Bower Commander V, De CAT and K&N Filter. Spark PLugs have been replaced with new Irridium ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi KarlO
Sorry I can't help with this but wondered if you had any success resolving the surge issue?
I have the same problem at around 2000 rpm.... Revs surge and drop.... When you increase the revs it runs rough for a bit then all of an sudden picks up and revs away.... Thought it might be a worn/dirty point on the TPS but any other suggestions would be welcome

Cheers

K

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for that.... I'll check the balance.... My engine sits fine at idle but when you slowly open the throttle at about 2000 rpm if you hold the throttle steady the revs rhythmically surge up and down by 500rpm..... That's what made men think it was a bad spot on the TPS..... Sadly the only second hand TPS is £75 which is a lot for an untested used electronic part I just want to use for a substitution test.... So asking on here if there might be other causes
Cheers
K

1 - 3 of 3 Posts