Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.. the bike is running fine but i am hearing this sound from the day I bought this bike 8 months ago.. sound increase a bit on above 5k rpm while riding and when you hold press the clutch it decreases to the sound in like in this video... can anyone identify what the sound looks like? Is it CCT or tensioner or anything else?

Video link for engine sound

·
I know things... A lot of things.
3,179 Posts
Sounds like a cold motor idling too low to me. Does your sound happen while you're moving only, or also when revving the engine in neutral?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a cold motor idling too low to me. Does your sound happen while you're moving only, or also when revving the engine in neutral?
Temp was 80C when I made this video. Sound happens both while moving and idle.. it increase a little bit when you cross 5000 rpm.

·
3,179 Posts
Assuming we're talking about that slightly irregular rattle heard under the engine noise, I can't imagine how that would persist past 5000 rpm. If it is engine-related, it should at least get faster, or higher in pitch as the engine speed rises. Does that happen? If it goes away, or changes significantly after you pull the clutch in, that would point to something at or past the clutch and while some problem with the transmission is not impossible, it would again have to get faster with engine or vehicle speed and probably change in character.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Assuming we're talking about that slightly irregular rattle heard under the engine noise, I can't imagine how that would persist past 5000 rpm. If it is engine-related, it should at least get faster, or higher in pitch as the engine speed rises. Does that happen? If it goes away, or changes significantly after you pull the clutch in, that would point to something at or past the clutch and while some problem with the transmission is not impossible, it would again have to get faster with engine or vehicle speed and probably change in character.
Yes it get faster when speed rises.. it gets very normal to idle when I pull the clutch. Yes it get faster with vehicle speed as soon as i pull the clutch sound slow down and feels like idle.

·
3,179 Posts
Does it get louder when you open the throttle? To be more specific, say you go in a high gear and low speed, say you go in sixth gear at 3000 rpm, keeping your speed constant. If you then open the throttle wide open, will the sound get louder? If so, I wonder if it might be due to a leak either at one of the spark plugs, one of the head gaskets, or further downstream the exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does it get louder when you open the throttle? To be more specific, say you go in a high gear and low speed, say you go in sixth gear at 3000 rpm, keeping your speed constant. If you then open the throttle wide open, will the sound get louder? If so, I wonder if it might be due to a leak either at one of the spark plugs, one of the head gaskets, or further downstream the exhaust.
when the rpm goes up i feel the sound increase but very little. it is the same when i am in fourth gear and open the throttle but when i pull the clutch in the sound decrease down a lot. I feel little bit of ticking noise that i am afraid of, mostly people said to me its CCT or timing chain, just want to know if this is something else.

·
3,179 Posts
I very much doubt the CCT could make an audible noise at 5000 rpm wihtout the head blowing up shortly thereafter. I would also not expect it to make much of a noise on acceleration, but mostly on overrun and besides, pulling in the clutch shouldn't affect the CCT whatsoever.

Say you have it idling, or spinning at 3000rpm in neutral. If you then pull the clutch in, does the noise go away or diminish? If so, then the source is in the clutch itself, or the front part of the transmission.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts