Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys!

my mate upgraded his R6 on saturday to a ZX10R C2, and we had 70 miles of motorway to do some good tests between the two models.

my Gix has a TRE and a yoshi can, otherwise standard.

His ZX was totally standard.

We did repeated roll ons in 3rd/4th/5th/6th gear, and each time the 2003 Gixxer got the edge by 1 bike length. then it would stay that way all the way to top speed hitting the limiter in 6th.

now my reason for posting this is becuase the ZX10R claims 180bhp, and magazines say its totally brutal, and is a real monster with firece power delivery.

id have expected my 4 year old gixxer to lose to the newer generation ZX, especially following the hype from the mags.

Totally love my gixxer now, and will keep the K3 as it seems todays models are not really any quicker.

Anyone else had any encounters with a ZX ?

Cheers!!

:D

·
Faps to Fantasy Football, and fails at that even
10,194 Posts
rjkc600 said:
hi guys!

my mate upgraded his R6 on saturday to a ZX10R C2, and we had 70 miles of motorway to do some good tests between the two models.

We did repeated roll ons in 3rd/4th/5th/6th gear, and each time the 2003 Gixxer got the edge by 1 bike length. then it would stay that way all the way to top speed hitting the limiter in 6th.

now my reason for posting this is becuase the ZX10R claims 180bhp, and magazines say its totally brutal, and is a real monster with firece power delivery.

id have expected my 4 year old gixxer to lose to the newer generation ZX, especially following the hype from the mags.

Totally love my gixxer now, and will keep the K3 as it seems todays models are not really any quicker.

Cheers!!

did you say ................."roll on"!!!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
did the same thing just last nite! buddy of mine just traded his 06 gsxr 750 for a zx 10. we rolled them on from 2nd we did this three times and each time he one by half a bike up to 5th. granted he weighs less the me by 45lbs. im 6ft 3inches and weigh 215lbs and he is 5ft 10inches and about 165. all said pretty close!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well hot damn, isn't that just a strange coincidence. I have two friends one with a K3 and another with a K7. The K3 has a slipon and the K7 is stock. My 05ZX10 only has a slipon, and when we race I usually beat the K3 by a few bikes and the K7 literally has half a front tire on me. Both of these guys have been riding just a little longer than myself so rider error should be nonchalant.

·
Registered
30 Posts
its all in the rider...... i beat my boys 07 zx10 with a full two brothers and tuned pcIII...... by about a bike and a half..... and i beat my boys 06 zx with one a brocks pcIII and same sprocket set up as mine..... third gear rolls they beat me.... second gear rolls i beat them..... 1st gear rolls i win..... 4 gear rolls i have never tried but that would be stupid..... and from digs.... its all about the rider so it dont matter

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
02transam said:
Well hot damn, isn't that just a strange coincidence. I have two friends one with a K3 and another with a K7. The K3 has a slipon and the K7 is stock. My 05ZX10 only has a slipon, and when we race I usually beat the K3 by a few bikes and the K7 literally has half a front tire on me. Both of these guys have been riding just a little longer than myself so rider error should be nonchalant.
wel lye it must be a strange coincedence huh. I mean take a look on zx10r.co.uk and you will see my pal stating the same, he is confused how the ZX cannot pull away.

There is 13lb difference in weight.

im going to fit my standard exhaust can to compare further.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
This is an illegal thread topic. Tank is the only post allowed to start "roll-on" threads.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
SPL170db said:
This is an illegal thread topic. Tank is the only post allowed to start "roll-on" threads.

:lol You are too kind Kaz.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Asfaraslogic said:
K3 has to be the best gixxer yet...

It sure was............

.........at least until the K5 came out anyway :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
02transam said:
haha, I'm the friend with the K3, and well 02transam can shift pretty fast. My K3 could use someone who could shift better and it would be a lot closer. If 02transam drove the K7 it would beat the ZX10 by at least a bike....

but all this talk about roll-ons?! :rolleyes

·
Registered
156 Posts
Iceman3K said:
haha, I'm the friend with the K3, and well 02transam can shift pretty fast. My K3 could use someone who could shift better and it would be a lot closer. If 02transam drove the K7 it would beat the ZX10 by at least a bike....

but all this talk about roll-ons?! :rolleyes
I guess I should finally let you guys in on a little secret....................................... I installed an automatic. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys!

Cheers!!

🤣💪🏾🤎I will soon and I'm anticipating the same outcome you had my k3 is possessed 🤣🤟🏾 nothing fancy just a m4 pipe on it and I agree with your assessment totally.....with exception to the h2r.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts