Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody.
I would like to explain to me how it's possible a normal k5 to be a little bit BACK from
my friends k1?
My bike (k5) its an absolutely normal bike (only bmc filter and tre).
My friends has tre, bmc filter, full yoshimura tri-oval high exit, pciiir with custom maps.

In our last street race, just for fun, we made from 2nd gear and i was back about 7 meters.
We checked our 6th gears, and again back, a little, but back!
What happens? Could anybody explain to me how it can be?

Thanks a lot buddies
ps. i know that you probably think that happens because the driver....!Please just forget it for
the moment. I'm talking for several good races, both started in our abilities

·
Chubby Chaser
57,804 Posts
Maybe he's a better rider than you?

Did you switch bikes and try it that way too?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes we switched the bikes. With this bike i'm also in front (i weight 10 kilos less, it's a reason also)
I'm absolutely sure that has nothing to do with my start or something like that. We experienced for
several road races from the 2nd gear. K5 is working fine there, isn't it?

·
Registered
6,185 Posts
Probably down to the mods on the K1.

Have never tested it, but my Akra EVO, BMC race, PC3 with a Dynojet recommended map K2 is not far off (if at all) from a stock K5.

BTW, do you runa BMC race or standard airfilter on your K5? I don't think a race airfilter is a good idea with a stock exhaust

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, both bikes have stock gearing. No additional changes (like sprockets, etc)
Before map changing (no dyno used) k5 was like rocket at the startup (finished the 2nd gear
and k1 was many meters behind)
After chaniging the maps on k1 (no dyno), k5 is half bike behind k1, for several times!
Is it possible to happen just from map's change?

·
Registered
12 Posts
The mid range power on the K1 - K2 kicks in at about 5500 rpm's as where the later models kick in around about 8000 to 9000 rpm's so that is why the K1 would jump out in front, the K1 - K2's have about the best mid range punch to date of any stock GSXR, so any mods would make it even better.

·
Registered
640 Posts
The mid range power on the K1 - K2 kicks in at about 5500 rpm's as where the later models kick in around about 8000 to 9000 rpm's so that is why the K1 would jump out in front, the K1 - K2's have about the best mid range punch to date of any stock GSXR, so any mods would make it even better.
I'm sorry but that's just not true. A stock K5 has 65ft lbs at 3,500 rpms where as the 01-02 1K's PEAKED at around 70-72ft lbs at closer to 7-9k rpms. The K5 at 5,000rpms has more torque than the 01-02 anywhere.

Do some looking on dyno charts if you don't believe me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm sorry but that's just not true. A stock K5 has 65ft lbs at 3,500 rpms where as the 01-02 1K's PEAKED at around 70-72ft lbs at closer to 7-9k rpms. The K5 at 5,000rpms has more torque than the 01-02 anywhere.

Do some looking on dyno charts if you don't believe me.
thats not true, if you look at the december issue of SUPERBIKE mag they tested a stock K2, 78 ft lbs max at 8000 rpm, and around 70 at 3500 rpms, and if you add the mods thats a healthy mid range i ll say

·
Registered
1 Posts
No way I have a k1 with healtech gear indicator and tre with k&n air filter and akrapovic can and power commander 3. Used to have a k5 with akrapovic can and k&n air filter no other performance mods and the k5 was easily faster everywhere I like my k1 and it is fast but no way is it faster than the k5

·
Premium Member
1,573 Posts
For what its worth..
Ive got a K4 and it has enormous mid range.
My young bloke K5 pulls on me in 2nd gear roll on's mid range but not by much, the HSP difference starts to show up around 10k and he pulls a bit further away, again, not by much but definite. Both about the same weight, K+N slipons......
He could have another 50hsp and still cant catch me in the twisties.:banana

·
Administrator
13,260 Posts
No way I have a k1 with healtech gear indicator and tre with k&n air filter and akrapovic can and power commander 3. Used to have a k5 with akrapovic can and k&n air filter no other performance mods and the k5 was easily faster everywhere I like my k1 and it is fast but no way is it faster than the k5
:facepalm congratulations .... you replied to a post that’s 13 years old

·
Administrator
13,260 Posts
Close it then... or do You keep it open for people to be loughed at? :thumbdown
No we won’t close it ... you bump a thread that’s last post was 13 fucking years ago your going to cop some shit.

You’ve been here 6 years and yet still don’t know how this forum runs ?!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
14 Participants
Kartel
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing