Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just got my 2012 gsxr1000 home yesterday it sounds more noisey then my k7 600 with 60,000ks. It's only done 18,000ks. Took it to my bike mechanic today he reckons it sounds like a cam chain. Any you guys had problems with your cam chain at this low ks. Sending it in next week to take tappet cover off and have a look just to be safe.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
GSXR engines are noisy by nature.

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Post a vid.

Do you trust your mechanic? If you trust him, listen to him instead of some asshole like me trying to diagnose an issue using your two sentence write up and after I've had 3 deck beers.

But seriously. No vid- no idea what you're on about.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
What is this deck beer you speak of? :scratch
I have a deck and I've had beer on it. It's over 0 degrees. I also have a bbq that I have to cut apart so I can take it to the dump. Life is good.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Oh,I thought it was some fancy Canadian brew :lmao

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys thanks for your input and yea i agree need a video and yea he said same thing that it just sounds like a noisey motor and itll cost buggeral for him to take tappit cover off n have a look ive already got the fairings off to give it some fresh oil and yea he's very trustworthy.

So none of yous have had a problem with cam chain tensioner or a valve problem at this low of ks.

Cheers Tim

·
Uses squid tentacles as a butt-plug
262 Posts
Hey guys thanks for your input and yea i agree need a video and yea he said same thing that it just sounds like a noisey motor and itll cost buggeral for him to take tappit cover off n have a look ive already got the fairings off to give it some fresh oil and yea he's very trustworthy.

So none of yous have had a problem with cam chain tensioner or a valve problem at this low of ks.

Cheers Tim
"problem" no "noise" yes. As stated GSXR's are quite noisy engines valve "tick" pretty loudly check your service manual to see when they recommend getting the valves adjusted if its not past that time and not causing a noticeable issue I would leave it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea your absolutely right and its about 25-30k to check valve clearances and its only done 18k. I don't think it's tappits because the noise isnt worse when the engines cold it seems to stay the same hot and cold. Thats why I thought its cam chain noise. But yea its not causing a problem it runs perfectly. The only reason i wanted to look deeper into it because it was noisier then my 600 with 4 times the ks.

I did find a couple of people that had problems with cam chain tensioners on this model. And people complaining about noisy engines but apart from that it seems this model is pretty trouble free. Was very impressed after reading through pages and pages of threads on this model.

Cheers Tim

"problem" no "noise" yes. As stated GSXR's are quite noisy engines valve "tick" pretty loudly check your service manual to see when they recommend getting the valves adjusted if its not past that time and not causing a noticeable issue I would leave it.[/QUOTE]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts