Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I live in Brazil and recently bought a gsxr1000, the owner poked a lot in the suspension and she at high speeds 200km / h above, I do not feel confident in the bike, in the suspension to be more exact. I would like to know, especially about the rear suspension, what would be the factory default settings , if anyone can help me, I would be very grateful. If you can pass the factory default setting of the front and rear suspension, it would help me a lot, I'm 78kg and any tips are welcome. Thank you and sorry for my google english.

Safe ride for everyone.

Now without the google translate , the bike never scared me , but i cant feel the bike in my hand , she feels weird , talking about the suspension , the factory settings front and rear will give me a north. Thanks !!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I found the english service manual , and this one have everything ! ty , the portuguese , doesnt talk about rear suspension.

Just one doubt please , the front pre compression , the manual say , 4 turns , from the softest to the hard , its impossible mark the bolt and count , so i count 4 clicks , and no 4 turns.

Its 4 clicks or really 4 turns ? thank you !!!!

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,718 Posts
What do you have, a K9 or an L1?

The pre-load is set by distance. Set 2C-5 of the service manual. The standard setting is 184.3 mm.

Per 2C-6, the low speed compression is 2¼ turns from fully clockwise. The high speed compression is 3 turns from fully clockwise. No mention of clicks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi , its a gsxr 1000 2011 , the english service manual , helped me a lot , all the bike its now factory suspension , A LOT better , i just have one doubt , the front suspension pre load , the botton adjuster , next the brake caliper. the manual say 4 turns from full soft , ok , its 4 clicks from full soft , or really 4 full turns ?

Its a showa big piston on my gsxr1000 2011.

thank u for the help

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I saw a video on youtube , 600rr and showa big piston front suspension , and i guess its really 4 full turns , and no 4 clicks.

i cant post videos , but the name of the video is :

4.2 how to adjust your motorcycle; the front suspension

thanks and sorry for double posting , i dont know how to edit here

and sorry for my terrible english

1 - 6 of 6 Posts