Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I just joined and already I have some questions and could use some advice. I am planning on making some changes to my '83 GS1100E. I just bought a complete front end from a '92 GSXR 750. The wheels will be coming in about 2 weeks These will swap onto my GS11 without too many hassles, I hope. However I'm a bit confused when it comes to the swingarm. I've got my eye on a '93 arm from a GSXR750.
I've learned that the is a slight difference in length between the 750 and 1100 arms, the 1100 being 1/2 to 1 inch longer. Is that the only difference or are there differences in the linkage mounts or other dimensions which would make one more suitable than the other? Will the linkage from the 1100 work on the 750 swingarm?
As far as the length is concerned, does anyone have an opinion as to which swingarm would be preferable or is such a small difference in length insignificant? I appreciate any feedback. There's a bit of a time factor involved.
Thanks,

Bix

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was able to answer some of the questions I asked earlier this morning but here is one question I hope someone has the answer to.
What is the length from the pivot to the axle on a '93 GSXR750's swingarm?
Thanks,
Bix

1 - 2 of 2 Posts