Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys,

I've got a gsxr 1000 k9, I fitted a decat pipe and yoshi end can.
Since then it was running ok, I've done around 500 miles now and it's got alot worse. Running lumpy on idle, it clears after 2k.

Any idea guys? would it have anything to do with the decat?

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
hi guys,
I've got a gsxr 1000 k9, I fitted a decat pipe and yoshi end can.
Since then it was running ok, I've done around 500 miles now and it's got alot worse. Running lumpy on idle, it clears after 2k.

Any idea guys? would it have anything to do with the decat?
You running 4-1? Could be plugs. Could be a leak in your system. :dunno

·
Registered
306 Posts
Need more info. How many miles on the bike? Ever changed the air filter & plugs? What you are referring to as the de-cat pipe is the Yosh link pipe that comes with the exhaust right?

I ran a setup similar to yours for 1000 miles before switching to a full system & even with stock fuel settings it ran flawless.

Did you reconnect the O2 sensor? If you are running stock fuel settings & no Power commander than connect the O2 sensor till you can sort out your fuel settings.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
When you remove the cat the idle goes up and down, if you can't install a buff you need to add a fuel mixture device like a commander or a bazzaz. If your idle is doing this you want to do it sooner than later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello there,
i'm new to this forum, actually it's my first post :)
So i have a k7 gixxer 750, with a two brothers slip on exhaust, the set valve is still here and working..
I have the same problem, at idle my bike runs really lumpy (idle=1200rpm), as a v8 cammed engine.
Changed the spark plugs, but nothing changed.
what do u guys think?

Throttle bodies sync?
Valve clearance?
possibly damaged spark plugs coils?
throttle positioning sensor?

·
Registered
27 Posts
My friends 08 cbr 1000 did the same thing. One of the vacuum lines on the bottom of the air box had come off. Put it back on and it idled smoothly again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts