Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

I'm new around here and ran into a little problem. I changed the spark plugs, and cam position sensor the other day. I had the bike on a trickle charger and when I put it back together, the main fuse was blown. I changed the 30amp main fuse, but I still do not get power to anything when I turn the key except the fuses labeled fan and fuel.

When I unplug and replace the main fuse, my tach cycles, but that is all that happens. When I turn the key, I don't get any lights, fuel pump prime, tach cycle or anything.

I have tested all fuses under the seat and the main fuse for continuity and all come back good. I have 12.74V at the battery, and the same voltage at both poles of the main fuse, fuel fuse and fan fuse.

I have been reading around here and it seems like I may have a problem with my ignition?

I am pretty ignorant when it comes to electrical trouble shooting, but I do have a multi meter.

Any suggestions with Barney style directions would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I can provide more information.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I found the culprit. I twisted em back together and threw some tape on em and it was good to go. now to get a more permanent fix goin with some shrink wrap.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts