Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have a 2000 gsxr-750 and it is vibrating when i pull the clutch in and start to rev it, it will vibrate everytime i rev over 4k rpm weather i am moving or standing still, in nutural or in gear, the higher i rev the more it vibrates. it has 28k miles on it and has never been raced or downed. it started 3 weeks back when i was gonna clutch it up to do a wheelie.........new clutch in about 2k miles ago (3mos) and new stator in about 2500 miles ago (4mos). i do oil changes about every 2k miles and i just drained it to see if there were any shavings on the oil pan bolt (magnetic). my friend just did a compression ck and a throtle sync on it yesterday and it read from right to left 150,150,140,120 on the compression. all four plugs spark. the bike still runs really strong, but the exhaust has a more baffle noise to it now than how it did before (yosh pipe), it just doesnt seem as smooth.........can anybody give me any clues to what it might be? thx in advance, john

·
Registered
65 Posts
The exact same thing is going on with my bike and it's only got 4k miles on it. 01 750..Started after I dropped a tooth on the front sprocket. Used to run smooth as hell.

Now it vibrates about about 5k in any gear, clutch in or out..Not a terrible vibration, but shitty none the less, and it started when I clutched up a 2nd gear wheelie..Please let me know if you figure it out.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I had the same sort of problem I think, it was a vibration and a noise, and was more noticeable in the lower RPM range. Especially with the clutch in. I had just put in a Renthal sprocket up front dropped down a tooth, and while I was at it, decided to tighten up the chain a bit. Well, I did, but tightened it a little too much. So, after driving around for a week or so, trying to figure out what was up, I just loosened up the chain back to where it should have been, and it was fine. Well, not totally, but I don't hear a noise at all, or a vibration anymore. Dunno if you got your chain tightened too much, or if it's something else, but that's what took care of the problem for me. Just being dumb and rushing a job I shoulda taken a bit more time on.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's not what it is, because that wouldn't explain the vibration with the clutch in, sitting still. Mine just gets worse as the RPMS come up. I think it might be the clutch basket.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i found the problem, it is the clutch basket!!! there was a piece about 2 inches missing and i found it in my oil pan. man it was hard to take that out. can i use a inpact gun to take out the clutch basket bolt? its staked in and i cant take the bolt of, any recommendations?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Do me a favor, and take some pictures if you can and email me how you managed to fix it. I'm going to be tackling this issue tomorrow. Also, how much does the clutch basket run?

My email is [email protected]

I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the exact same problem described above, but when I took my clutch apart, I didn't find anything wrong at all. Any suggestions would be great.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Although a completely different animal, I had a 2000 Suzuki RM 250 that did the same damn thing from day 1 from the dealer and it too was the clutch basket.

I found this out by pretty much replacing the entire clutch area piece by piece. (approx $350)The odd part was that everything looked fine to the naked eye. I am assuming that it was a casting/machining issue with taht particualr part. Sometimes being a part changer is what you have to do, unless you or someone you know has the right tools and knowledge to diagnose quickly.

best of luck.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what u have to look for is any cracks on the basket, i took my cover off and looked at the basket and i thought nothing was wrong, look very carefully if any pieces are missing, it happened to me also when i clutched up 2nd to do a wheelie, the force of popping the clutch just cracked it but luckily i found all four pieces in my oil sump, sorry i couldnt take pics cause i put it all back before i saw your post scmedic, just pm me and ill explain to u what tools u need to get that darn thing out!!! look very carefully cause i missed ot twice.......john

1 - 10 of 10 Posts