Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
Since yesterday my bike has been acting really strange, when it has reached its normal working temperature it begins to stall and sometimes if I pull the throttle it starts to backfiring. I've read a lot of threads about similar issues but haven't found any concrete. :crying I've started to notice the problem when the bike started to hesitate while pulling the throttle...
If I let the bike cool down for a while it's possible to drive some kilometres further before it stalls again. I got this FI fault code the first time but in dealer mode it just says -C00.

My mods:

Yoshimura camshafts
Akrapovic full exhaust
K&N airfilter
PC3 usb
PC ignition module

I suppose that my gsxr would go pretty bad if I disconnected the PC units, right? Any suggestions? Im desperate, I use the bike everyday...

I apologize for any misspelling/grammatical errors! :wacko

Greetings from sweden

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The -C00 is the TPS setting. It needs to be running and at least 1,200 RPM when checked. Make sure the cold start idle is about 2,500 RPM.:cheers
Doesn't -C00 mean that everything is allright? My normal idle is pretty high, approximately 1600 rpm. So you think the TPS makes all the trouble?

//Albin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If no trouble codes come up then it will display C00 which is the TPS setting. 1600 is very high for regular idle.
Ok I see, I learn new stuff everyday. Im totally new regarding suzuki gsxr's. I'll try to adjust the TPS tomorrow and see if anything gets better. The bike isn't execuatble as it is now.

What do you think about the backfiring issue? Is it connected to the stalling problem? Some mechanics I've spoken to say that the bike is going lean.

//Albin

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Ok I see, I learn new stuff everyday. Im totally new regarding suzuki gsxr's. I'll try to adjust the TPS tomorrow and see if anything gets better. The bike isn't execuatble as it is now.

What do you think about the backfiring issue? Is it connected to the stalling problem? Some mechanics I've spoken to say that the bike is going lean.

//Albin
If you still have the PAIR valve hooked up they will always pop on deceleration. If it's on acceleration then you have another problem.:cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you still have the PAIR valve hooked up they will always pop on deceleration. If it's on acceleration then you have another problem.:cheers
Well it's during acceleration (pulling the throttle, cant say it accelerates) this backfiring thing occur and there is no throttle respons, after this the bike stalls. :dunno

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
Well it's during acceleration (pulling the throttle, cant say it accelerates) this backfiring thing occur and there is no throttle respons, after this the bike stalls. :dunno
Well start with the idle and TPS setting and see what happens. My ex gf has the same bike and i've never seen that happen. She has everything you have minus the cams.:cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well start with the idle and TPS setting and see what happens. My ex gf has the same bike and i've never seen that happen. She has everything you have minus the cams.:cheers
What PC map does she use?

//Albin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just a generic one for the Akra full system. Bike runs amazingly well. Just did a tuneup over the weekend and I rode it Sunday at the track.:cheers
I was able to read the fault codes today and here it goes:
C32, C33, C34, C35

All injector signals, this have to do with my PC3 right?

//Albin

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I was able to read the fault codes today and here it goes:
C32, C33, C34, C35

All injector signals, this have to do with my PC3 right?

//Albin
I think you are on the right track. I've read several threads were disconnecting the PC solved the issue. (Of course you aren't tuned afterward)

There is a wire from the PC3 connecting to the TPS wire. Check this connection. Else check the power and ground connections to the PC3.
I believe there are some threads with pics on the PC3 installation, also the installation manual on powercommander.com shows the connection.

What part of Sverige are you from? I spent a few months in Borlange and also around Sigtuna working for a Swedish company, great country. Unfortunately, I did not get to ride there.

Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok I've disconnected both my PC3 usb and my ignition module, the only thing I didn't remove is the wire connected between PC3 and the TPS cables. The bike still goes like garbage, no throttle response at all. If I pull the throttle 1/2 the bike goes uneven and dies. No fault codes what so ever... :scratch

Warm idle @ 1500 rpm...

rv6john: Im from Stockholm but I got a house some kilometres from borlänge :burnout

Im running out of ideas guys, please help me out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The TPS wire shouldn't be an issue. Pull the spark plugs and see if they are fouled out.
I'll do that tonight, I must go and get my zx9r -01. I feel totally isolated without any working bike... Carburators is the shit! :lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Carbs:piss My bike has 103k miles and hasn't thrown a single FI code since i've owned it.:punk
Well you're a lucky man, mine was lasting 2 weeks of intense driving.... well soon it will be ready to run. Unfortunately the season here in Sweden is short, it will last approximately one more month....

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Is it still throwing the injector codes with the PC3 disconnected?

Another thought. Low fuel pressure from clogged filter or failing fuel pump. I have had this happen on several cars where the power just goes away and under hard throttle it starts to buck and complain. Otherwise they start, idle and put around town fine. New fuel pump solved the problem. There is a procedure in the service manual to check the fuel pressure page 5-4, should be about 43 psi/ 300 Kpa. Is there a chance that you kinked a fuel line when working under the tank?

(Worked at the Borlange Airport and stayed at my bosses house in Dala Husby next to the river. I've got the Dalahäst to prove it)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts