Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 40 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey i have a 07 750 and i put in my own switch and if i turn the key with the switch already on then i get a -C00 but if i turn the key and then flip the switch on i get a C46 code, but above here it says that C46 is only for the 1000. Whats the deal????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay....I'm having a similiar problem with my 02 GSXR 1000. Sluggish in first, have some backfiring when I downshift, and have a C46 code (when I switched it to dealr mode). Can anyone suggest a possible remedy other than expensive repairs at dealership?

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
SPWILD3 The remedy is on the first page.....go tot he link I have provided

Rmthomas1984 The C46 is for all that have the SET valve, not just the 1000, its just that the first guy posted the codes for the 04-05 models. At that time only the 1000 had a SET valve, that is why I have posted the additional codes for 06-07-08

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi guys,
well i bought a brand new gsxr750 k7 at the begining of the year with my stolen car insurance payout :) about a month ago i bought an arrow gp megaphone slip on and link pipe to get rid of that ugly stock exhaust and cat, the other day i noticed the FI light was on, i thought it may have something to do with the arrow can but if i switched the bike off then on it went away, came on a bit later when i started the beast up outside my local shop, i have now discovered that i can get it to come on every time i start my bike, wanna know how........you know when you turn your key to the on posision and the speedo etc. does its whole test of all the gauges, well if i start the bike before its finnished doing the LCD/display tests then it puts on my FI with the little red light, has anyone else tried this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question does the motor run a risk of running too lean w/o a power commander, or any other FI comp. If I am running a 07 stock header on a 08, no set valve, O2 installed, running with a Scorpion slip on w/the inner baffle removed. Has anyone seen the A/F ratios with this set up or something similar and do you think it's safe!!!

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
I would think you're fine. Most people would rather have the 06-07 headers on an 08 bike as they are a bit larger in diameter. Most people would recommend a PC though.

HOw serious is the C46 code? Can i ride with it flashing FI or do i need to get it taken care of?
As serious as running with a 5 year old air filter. If power and smooth throttle control is something you care about get it fixed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
+1 for the write up. very useful since lots of ppl seem to be having issues w/their FI system. Anyways - i took my bike to the dealer a few weeks back (when 1st bought it) becuase the FI light was on and the temp display kept alternating w/"FI". The dealer told that it was something to do with the exhaust valve servo (or something along those lines...)

But when i tried doing this write up i got a "-C00" to display in my gauge :scratch why? and to top it off the red light and the FI didn't go away as I had hoped it did :banghead. I've also noticed a weird sound in the rear right part of the bike (on the tail itself)... its sounds like a "click click" just image that but over and over and much faster. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

·
Banned
1,177 Posts
The code you want to get is "C00" which means there is no problem. I will make the edit so that the purpose of dealer mode is made clear.
.... did you even read the thread before posting? also what you hear the click click sounds like it might be valves opening (assuming its coming from under you and you're just hearing it weird.. try and verify where it is coming from. nothing moves in the tail section of the bike so if it really is from there - dont worry about it. if it's the valves - also i wouldnt worry too much, use FI cleaner - and someone else might suggest something else.

im guessing the dealer is trying to hose you.

·
Registered
41 Posts
:confused1:
.... did you even read the thread before posting? also what you hear the click click sounds like it might be valves opening (assuming its coming from under you and you're just hearing it weird.. try and verify where it is coming from. nothing moves in the tail section of the bike so if it really is from there - dont worry about it. if it's the valves - also i wouldnt worry too much, use FI cleaner - and someone else might suggest something else.

im guessing the dealer is trying to hose you.
Actually, the click click sounds is definetly coming from the right side of the tail. I'm 97% sure it is related to the exhaust valve servo. Also, the click click noise isn't just twice... its multiple "click", I'm probably doing a terrible job explaining the sounds. Any thoughts??? :scratch :confused1:

·
Registered
52 Posts
:confused1:

Actually, the click click sounds is definetly coming from the right side of the tail. I'm 97% sure it is related to the exhaust valve servo. Also, the click click noise isn't just twice... its multiple "click", I'm probably doing a terrible job explaining the sounds. Any thoughts??? :scratch :confused1:
take the right side of the tail off or the whole thing and turn the bike on and off. you don't need to fully start it just turn the switch you know as you would right before you hit the ignition switch. it will activate the servo and turns see if it clicks. then disable it regardless.

21 - 40 of 102 Posts