Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow gixxers,

5 Months ago I bought a GSXR750 from 1998.
It had only 16.000 km on the clock.

When I start riding everything works fine, pulling through the revvs like it supposes to do.
But somewhat later the bike doesn't go to the top rpm's anymore. It gives hick-ups, holding back and doesn't accelarate like it's meant to do ....
Sometimes it doesn't even comes over the 6000 rpm !!

Somebody any suggestions? Or had same experiences?

My dealer tried, and obviously he didn't find anything.

Looking forward to a reply,

GSX-Ray.

·
Premium Member
117,182 Posts
My buddies R6 is having a similar problem around 10k rpm. It also does it under heavy load. His almost sounds like the rev limmiter is hitting because it is breaking up so bad.

So far we have changed plugs, adjusted valves and are in the process of rejetting today.
I'll let you know if it does the trick.
If it doesn't work my next guess is something with the ignition
just a few questions
has it had a valve adj.?
have you put a new pipe or filter on it?
Is the filter and air box clean?
How do the plugs look?

I am a mechanic at a shop Ill try ro help if I can

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
I've had the same problem on my '92 750, pulls great till around 14,000, then there is not much left, what do you think it might be??

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
OK, I'm moving this to the 96 - 99 where it will get a serious answer!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi MotoJoe,

The bike has been pre-owned by an older guy who didn't made any mods. And since the bike should have enough power to satisfy my needs, I didn't change anything (till now...)

Well I didn't check the filter, plugs and the airbox, since I expect that the dealer did it, but I'll make a check asap (keep you informed). But if that is the problem my dealer should sell his store and start another business ... don't you think?

Bye for now,
GSX-Ray

Originally posted by motojoe_23:
My buddies R6 is having a similar problem around 10k rpm. It also does it under heavy load. His almost sounds like the rev limmiter is hitting because it is breaking up so bad.

So far we have changed plugs, adjusted valves and are in the process of rejetting today.
I'll let you know if it does the trick.
If it doesn't work my next guess is something with the ignition
just a few questions
has it had a valve adj.?
have you put a new pipe or filter on it?
Is the filter and air box clean?
How do the plugs look?

I am a mechanic at a shop Ill try ro help if I can
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
838 Posts
My friend has a 96 750 and his was doing the same thing. It was an electrical problem. His spark plug coils were going bad. Went to the local salvage yard got some new to him, but used ones and bike is runnin great. Maybe you'd want to check those out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: (MotoJoe)
checked the airbox => clean

checked the filter => clean

checked the plugs => dry and the head of the plugs are light brown, but I have my doubts about the correct space. Should be around 0,7 to 0,8 mm ? Don't have the gear to measure this.

But if this is the problem I don't understand why it comes up now and then. Especially when the engine is "hot".

I was more thinking of NOK petrol ..

Hope this Xtra info can bring some light in the case ...

Bye,
GSX-Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts