Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 gsxr 750 that will not start. It turns over but the fuel pump will not turn on. I took it off and conected directly to the battery and it works but will not work on the bike. I also checked the code and Got (C42)IGNITION SWITCH SIGNAL. But i dont know what to do next. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
56 Posts
CHECK THE FUSES??? Kill switch working OK??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Loose wire?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I need help.. I have a 2000 GSXR 750. The fuel pump will not turn on. I get the FI code (C42). I put the fuel pump direct to the battery and it spools up. any suggestions. I looked all over for loose wires i made sure it was in neutral, i put the kick stand up, i put it down, I dont want to take it to the dealer if i dont hafta. Thanks all for any sugestions.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Check the kick stand switch first make sure thats fully pressed, then check the tiny switch in the clutch lever after time that will go bad. For both you can by pass them if you cut there wire and join them together.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If the clutch switch was playing up it would'nt crank over though would it??

·
Registered
92 Posts
Check the connections under the side fairing. Take them apart and clean the connectors with qd electrical cleaner. My bike did the same thing. Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks... i took out al the plugs i could find and un pluged them and pluged them back on. is there any specific ones i should be looking for?

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
I was dealing with a theft recovery where the ignition was missing. We just jumped the wires on the harness(like you can with an R1's harness) and it did the same thing. Turns out there's a special resistor in the ingnition and if thats not there, it wont fire, I ended up getting a new ignition for it and fired right up.

·
Premium Member
3,847 Posts
Trace the wiring from the ignition switch to the connector plug that attaches it to the main harness. That's almost assuredly where your problem lies. You'll have to remove the right-hand side fairing to get at the connector. Do as the guys said above - check the connection, make sure all the wires are intact, clean the contact (DISCONNECT THE NEGATIVE BATTERY TERMINAL BEFORE DOING SO), etc. If everything checks out & you're still getting the error, the problem's either in the switch assembly itself, the wiring leading from the switch assembly, or the wiring of the main harness leading to the switch assembly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts