Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my bike sat in my basement for 2 years I did take it out and ride it maybe 10 miles last summer...so today I pulled it out to ride it to work and such...I sucked all the old gas out and put fresh in..had to get a new battery...it fired right up..but sounds like trash..until my rpms get up...when I start out it sounds rough but cleans out when I get on the gas...it's gotta be gummed up in thinking I put alil lucas injector cleaner in..I havnt rode it enough for it to really work in yet..not sure what the bad idle/initial throttle is. May get it serviced but wanted to see if anyone had an idea of what it may be...I havnt changed the oil yet but it was fairly new when I parked it..any idea if this will work it's way out or .are my injectors toast or maybe it just needs the oil changed..it runs like a champ at 20 plus mph..thx

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
Simply taking it out after such a long period of sitting isn't a great idea. You need to at least inspect parts and clean the bike up.

Have you checked in the tank for rust? Did you inspect wiring and hoses? A 24 month service will probably clean up your issue.

·
Administrator
13,666 Posts
Bikes don’t like sitting that long ... a good service/checkup is required.

You can run into issues with fuel , charging , brakes etc

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,688 Posts
They can sit for a long time. My track bike sat for about 20 months once. Fresh fuel and a fuel system cleaner is a good plan. Ride it for a few hours and see if it works itself out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea there's nothing wrong with the bike ..lol I would imagine it's gummed up alittle..it's not like it sat in a,waterlogged basement..with a dirt floor..or not even like a shed..it was in the temperature controlled house practically...like I said it runs great when I give it gas..it just has a slight hesitation on the throttle at first..I'll figure it out...

·
Administrator
13,666 Posts
Yea there's nothing wrong with the bike ..lol I would imagine it's gummed up alittle..it's not like it sat in a,waterlogged basement..with a dirt floor..or not even like a shed..it was in the temperature controlled house practically...like I said it runs great when I give it gas..it just has a slight hesitation on the throttle at first..I'll figure it out...
Even so , a good once over for peace of mind won’t hurt you or the bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts