Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apologies if i'm posting to the wrong forum. havent been on here in a couple years.

i have an 03GSXR750, '02 600 motor in it. bought it to stunt on, mostly it just sits in my garage.. too busy with work. decided to sell it recently since i dont ride it, went to start it today to take some video.. and of course the sucker wont start.

Or rather, it won't turn over at all. I thought maybe dead battery.. so i charged the battery for a couple of hours.. but it's charged fine now and still won't turn over. turning the key to on.. fuel pump cycles for a few second, gauge cluster turns on. hit the starter button.. ton of "clicking" from a relay under the seat, gauge cluster goes blank for good (gotta turn key to off and then back "on" to get the cluster to come back).

I pulled the seat off, and the relay that is clicking is this guy with the red and yellow wires going into it. clicking seems to be about 1" inside it from where the wires go into it. neither of the 30amp fuses on it are blown, nor are any others in the fuse block up by the headlight.

hoping someone with some wrenching experience can tell me if this is a common problem, if this guy is actually the culprit (or just symptomatic of something else, like make a shorted wire elsewhere or something), and the cheapest possible fix since this is just a crunchy stuntbike.

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anyone point me to the location of the starter? since i'm assuming it's the starter relay, hopefully i can try to jump the starter with a 12v positive lead and if that works and ythe bike runs fine, i'll just replace the starter relay.

thx in advance

·
Registered
569 Posts
Try a new/different battery to rule out a bunk battery first. The starter is on the right side above the tranny/clutch cover area. Good luck.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i thought a 600 motor could not fit in a 750 frame..? weird.

·
Registered
288 Posts
That guy with the 30amp fuses is the starter relay. I crashed my 600 and some how that thing got stuck. The button up front was not enough to jump that relay over, so i just jump the 12v from one side to the other by pulling off the white/clear plastic cover. She started right up. Try that

·
Registered
606 Posts
Nice and easy. Listen to blu r6. If all you get is clicking, your starter is not turning

·
Registered
9 Posts
dude...u need a new battery. u know the relay is likely good, since it is clicking. my alarm draws my battery down in about a week or two of not riding, and i had to replace two ruined batteries before i figred out what was going on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts