Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow ladies,
the time has come for me to get my first bike. I have completed the motorcycle class and did extremely well. Well to the point my instructors asked if I had ridden before...and I had not. I def want a GSXR so I'm calling on some experienced riders for help. I don't want to find myself in a position of upgrading after only svl mths like I hear a lot of ppl do and I have a lot of ppl telling me to go ahead and get a 1000. I'm looking at a 2007 and the weight class only varies 25 lbs.

What do you ladies think???

·
Don't Mind Me - Just Snoopin' Around
10,426 Posts
Anyone who tells you to get a 1000 for a first bike is not somebody you want as a friend. :nono

I wouldn't even recommend a 600 as a first bike. There are TONS of threads around, asking for advice for a first bike. I highly suggest you read them.

Here's one for you:

http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47265

Please, read it and don't let your friends and/or ego get the best of you. Play it smart and learn properly.

Not sure what else to say. :dunno

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
^ What he said. Anyone that told you to just get a 1000 is either very ignorant of motorcycles, or someone that thinks it's funny to watch someone crash needlessly & hurt themselves. :banghead Seriously bad idea.

·
Registered
692 Posts
This can't be serious. I just don't think that you should just jump on a GSX-R. You can but if you make any mistakes they may be your last. Common sense is not so common and lots of people get themselves in trouble on sportbikes.

Truth be told, you have to respect any form of transportation.

I rocommend you check up on any Honda or Kawasaki 250cc streetbikes first before jumping on a 600cc or 1000cc bike.

·
Not the powers that be, not even close.
23,092 Posts
it depends on the rider. get the 600 but no more, i cant ever imagining needing more than a 600 for the street (or track).

ask busaphie213 she used to post on here a lot and hated starting on a 1000...if she ever comes back, that is.
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/member.php?u=122725

and even though this is the girls forum, all guys are answering you :lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
I rode my buddys 1000 last weekend and it was a bit much for me. I was thinking I might go to a 1000 until then, probably just go with a 750. Id say a 600cc Katana might be a good starter bike if all you have is the safety course under your belt.

·
Bearded Viking Admin...
131,127 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think that you can do a whole lot with a 600. 600's are lighter and you can make them as fast as a 1000. Even when you go out on the track its so much better seeing the cocky guy 1000's face when they get passed by a 600 and then they realized they get passed my a girl also.. It just makes the beat so much more fun!!

·
wants his woodlands tickled with wood
1,023 Posts
My wife started on a old suzuki 500, she did pretty good on that, and when she got to my 750 it was a little to much for her. plus it was brand new so she was nervous of wrecking it. but none the less a 600 is perfect. my first bike was a 750, and im perfectly happy with it. I'm not saying a 1K is to much for you, just that a 600 is fast, and fun as hell. one day you can upgrade, i see plenty of girls riding big bikes with ease, but a lot of them started small to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.