do I get the old milage or the new instrument clusters milage
how does it work on GSXR600 2002 model?
anyone done it before?
any input would be great
thanks

·
Registered
96 Posts
I had to replace mine and it showed the old mileage not zero. I guess its on the ecm.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It started making a ticking sound and the tach would stick.

·
Registered
128 Posts
a friend of mine bought one on ebay for his r6 because he wrecked and broke the cluster when he installed it, it had the the other guys mileage on it, so his mileage is not correct to the bike

·
Registered
136 Posts
if u buy different gauges it will show the mileage of the bike it came off from, the mileage is stored in the actual gauge cluster housing, check out blueguages.com he can reset mileage to ur actual mileage that it should be

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i'm still unclear on this, anyone else have a different opinion?
I wanna know, If I change the speedo cluster on my 02 GSXR 600 will it change my odo reading?
cheers guys

·
Registered
136 Posts
yes it will show the mileage of the bike the gauges came off of not the mileage ur bike thats getting the new guages has

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you swap clusters with someone elses you will have THEIR mileage. It is stored in the CLUSTER...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
if u buy different gauges it will show the mileage of the bike it came off from, the mileage is stored in the actual gauge cluster housing, check out blueguages.com he can reset mileage to ur actual mileage that it should be
Ya what he said, blueguages.com should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i just changed mine because the original cluster was fucked, and my new cluster shows miles from the bike it came off, not my mileage, even after disconnecting the batery for 20 mins.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i just changed mine because the original cluster was fucked, and my new cluster shows miles from the bike it came off, not my mileage, even after disconnecting the batery for 20 mins.
Did you not read prior post...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts