Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Yearning for a higher post count...
Suzuki GSXR 600 & 1000
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the GSXR 600 to the track. Had a blast pushing that Gixxer on the track - a superb track machine.

Reactions: Whippet

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Took the GSXR 600 to the track. Had a blast pushing that Gixxer on the track - a superb track machine.

I am sure that you’re already aware the machine will shine in the environment it was made for….the racetrack is where the bike belongs which is why it feels at home there. I am going to miss the track….bike looks great, have fun man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Yearning for a higher post count...
Suzuki GSXR 600 & 1000
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am sure that you’re already aware the machine will shine in the environment it was made for….the racetrack is where the bike belongs which is why it feels at home there. I am going to miss the track….bike looks great, have fun man!

Thanks! sure does. (y)

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
throwing in the towel?
Unfortunately yes. Had a pretty bad crash 8/30 At NJMP left me with two broken vertebrae and a collarbone that needed to be surgically repaired. If I were single this would be a bump in the road and I would keep it moving. My wife has other plans for my future…I can’t fight her on it bc she’s so cool and lenient. She’s letting me keep one bike which is a compromise I am ok with. Basically, I’m going to sell my other two bikes and keep the gsxr once it’s rebuilt.

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
4,184 Posts
Unfortunately yes. Had a pretty bad crash 8/30 At NJMP left me with two broken vertebrae and a collarbone that needed to be surgically repaired. If I were single this would be a bump in the road and I would keep it moving. My wife has other plans for my future…I can’t fight her on it bc she’s so cool and lenient. She’s letting me keep one bike which is a compromise I am ok with. Basically, I’m going to sell my other two bikes and keep the gsxr once it’s rebuilt.

Ouch, that's rough. Ultimately, I have decided that street riding is too dangerous to me and I'll be sticking with track days only. Texas is filled with too many bad drivers, and too many bad things have happened here that just made me lose the joy of riding when on the road.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
dang man, oh well it was a good run and the street can be fun.. :)

Ouch, that's rough. Ultimately, I have decided that street riding is too dangerous to me and I'll be sticking with track days only. Texas is filled with too many bad drivers, and too many bad things have happened here that just made me lose the joy of riding when on the road.
I achieved my goals concerning the track so I’m somewhat content with my situation. I pretty much stopped riding street last year as most of my boys did as well. I’m planning to rebuild the 750 into a stupid street bike and ride it whenever I get the itch to go fast and get some wind therapy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts