Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello :smile:

I had a problem with my GSX-R 600 2011. It puffs bleu smoke on throttle release. When running idle there is no oil burning, on throttle also no oil burning, cold start no oil burning. I was guesing the valve stem seals were failing.

Next, i replaced the engine with a 750, 5000 miles on it. The exact same problem! :serious: I am suspecting the valve stem seals again, and am prepared to have it rebuilt. Could this be bad luck, or am i missing something that could couse this issue?

thank you guys :smile:

(i have a movie but cant post it yet, nog enough posts)

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
What other mods are on the machine?

Are you checking oil height the way it says in the manual?

What gas are you using?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It has been solved!

The only thing that has not been changed between the engine swaps, the fuel tank with 1 year old gas. Flushed the tank, and tried again. When the old gas was out of the injection, the smoke was already lot less. Drove it, no more smoke :)

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
:lol

It's always the simplest fix that works.

I hope that you were planning on the swap beforehand.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
It has been solved!

The only thing that has not been changed between the engine swaps, the fuel tank with 1 year old gas. Flushed the tank, and tried again. When the old gas was out of the injection, the smoke was already lot less. Drove it, no more smoke :)
lol, do you think that you didn't have to swap your engine?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol, do you think that you didn't have to swap your engine?
Indeed, it was not needed! :hammer hahaha

I swapped the engine from a 600 > 750, so there is a benefit. But this was not the main reason for the swap, it was the oil usage..... :serious:

I hope that someone learns from this, is surely did :laugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
mg_1987
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing