Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I´m new here so hi everyone first of all :)

I noticed today this "leak" in the lower fairings close to the gear shifter and the pump, touched under and black "grease" is how I´ll describe it.
I´m thinking about options like maybe the pump seal, or maybe just because of the chain grease/dirt, tbh I don´t know. Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
26 Posts
ok, you are losing oil. stator cover gasket. i think that oil is bringing the goo that builds up by your front sprocket with it...you are defintely losing oil. snap ring pliers and a 10mm socket will remove you shift linkage and pedal. mark the placement to the two parts that are in contact with the cable so you dont have to readjust your clutch pull when you put it all together but youll have a great view and can clean up in there. takes 10 mins. make sure to leave it in N and run the bike after you clean up and see if the leak is visible

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Jesus, put some effort into finding the leak and you might actually find it. If you can't see it in the 5 seconds that you looked then how are we supposed to be able to see it in the picture??? Did you just clean the chain? Maybe that is what you are seeing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts