Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
My gsxr 600 k6 06 starts and runs perfectly fine and sounds fine,
When I put the bike into gear 1,2,3,4ect and release the clutch slowly the bike does not move at all iv let the clutch go bike does not move no matter how hard I rev.
Have also put brand new clutch plates in the bike still the same issue was told= might be gear box issue or clutch cable.
Anyone had this problem or can help thanks

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
Did you adjust the clutch? Did you replace ALL of the plates, and not just the fibres? Did you install the clutch pushrod properly?

The final question is my bet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes clutch was all changed and adjusted properly and checked over by mechanics they are trying to tell me it’s the gearing is this possible or could you tell me what to check for and adjust the clutch ???

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,509 Posts
It's not gearing...

When it ran fine, compared to how it runs now, what changed? That's the issue.

Download your manual and go by what it says.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey it goes in gear and shows up on the speedo but the bike does not move it revs but no go..... sadly I brought the bike guy said it was the clutch changed the clutch and still same thing spoke to Machanic they say needs a new motor soooo.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,375 Posts
Take the clutch cover off. Put the bike in gear and turn the rear wheel. Does any part of the clutch assembly turn?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
3 Participants
TOTALEDCLIENT
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing