Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, I've been a part of the forum for a while now and finally got my K6 about 2 weeks ago. Its my first Gsxr so I'm new to all of this. I've already put on over 1000 miles and done all the routine maintenance on the bike (oil change, K&N air and oil Filter, clean and lube chain.) The bike has a little over 10K on it and I plan on putting plenty more in the months to come. It also came with a Yoshimura TRC bolt on. I got bored and pulled the SET valve this week too. Anyways, I've noticed that over the course of the few weeks it drips oil around the oil drain plug. My question is, is it normal for the oil pan to drip a small amount of oil? Or could this just be oil from the road? Chain and sprocket? Also I replaced the crush washer with a new one from my local shop and it still does this. Any ideas? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
25 Posts
you may have also stripped the threads on the bolts, wrong size crushed washer, or a cracked the drip pan. make sure if you changed the filter that the old o-ring did not stay on the engine when you replaced it.

I had the same problem and when I changed the bolt and washer I did not have the problem.:chucks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts