Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am after some help I have a gsxr 600 k1 and I thought my clutch was slipping but now I am unsure, when accelerating from lower speeds my bike feels like the clutch is slipping but quick and juddery I changed the clutch plates (soaked them on oil first) and fitted them, I adjusted the clutch using the Haynes so I’m pretty sure it’s correct, it’s still the same under acceleration any tips greatly appreciated cheers Ethan

·
Premium Member
7,299 Posts
yes, use a micrometer to measure the size of clutch components to insure everything is within spec.. the tolerances are in the service manual.. something as simple as a washer or basket surface can appear to be in great shape but its just worn so perfectly it's hard to tell it's now a mm thinner, which can make the difference..

if your clutch is adjusted properly cables and all, and its assembled correctly with new friction and steel plates about all it can be is something worn in the clutch itself...

only other thing I can think of would be if the rod that goes from the left to right the actuator pushes is somehow hanging up and not releasing all the way.. you did install new springs as well right? those are what apply the proper pressure on the plates so if those are shot it will slip no matter what..

honestly the judder sounds as if something may be warped or worn irregularly, remove that basket and go over everything, you have to inspect for flatness so forth..

service manual and youtube will walk you through everything that needs inspecting, its time consuming but what ya gonna do? find a good used clutch pack?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, use a micrometer to measure the size of clutch components to insure everything is within spec.. the tolerances are in the service manual.. something as simple as a washer or basket surface can appear to be in great shape but its just worn so perfectly it's hard to tell it's now a mm thinner, which can make the difference..

if your clutch is adjusted properly cables and all, and its assembled correctly with new friction and steel plates about all it can be is something worn in the clutch itself...

only other thing I can think of would be if the rod that goes from the left to right the actuator pushes is somehow hanging up and not releasing all the way.. you did install new springs as well right? those are what apply the proper pressure on the plates so if those are shot it will slip no matter what..

honestly the judder sounds as if something may be warped or worn irregularly, remove that basket and go over everything, you have to inspect for flatness so forth..

service manual and youtube will walk you through everything that needs inspecting, its time consuming but what ya gonna do? find a good used clutch pack?
I checked everything all seems fine re adjusted again to double check it’s exactly the same, is there any chance the Cush drive rubbers would cause this problem if I put it in gear on a paddock stand I can move the wheel without the sprocket moving, I marked the tyre and measured it against the hugger I can move it about 15 20 mm pushing it with my hand this seems a lot ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts