Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently looking to purchase an exhaust system for my '04 600 and have been looking at the Micron Serpent Full System and the Taylormade Undertail Exhaust.

I have heard that undertail exhausts are not as efficient in terms power and air flow as a result of all the bends necessary to come out the tail, so my question is: Solely based on performance, which of these systems would you recommend? Price is roughly the same on both, except that Taylormade will throw in a Dyno with custom maps for the exhaust pre-installed.

Wasn't sure if anyone had heard anything good or bad on both these products. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
microns seem to work best on hondas. If you want a good increase in mid-range power I would get a hindle. If you are looking for maxium power go with an akropovic evolution system. You have to be careful with exhaust systems allot of time they will make less horsepower than stock. I had a costomer that had a two brothers system on his 98GSXR750 and it took about 5 HP away.Vance and hines are usually the same way. M4's I know work realy well on the SV650. most ppl that race ccs with their SV 650's here in FL use M4's they make more HP then the akropovics on the SV. On my 2001 GSXR 600 I had a yosh RS3 slipon and then I put a yosh full duplex system on. it picked up over 5 hp on the dyno but I lost 15mph top speed. IF it was me I would just go with a slip on.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts