• 2006 GSX600R (10k km) 7.5kAUD

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi beautiful people
I am sorry if this has been asked already i tried to search but didnt find anything
I am currently planning to buy a used GSXr but i am confused to which year/model is best buy
1) 2006 GSX600R (10k km) 7.5kAUD
2) 2006 GSX750R (20k km) 6.5k AUD
3) 2011 GSX 600R L1 (20k km) 6.5k AUD 2011 has some scratches all around

NONE OF THEM HAVE logbooks
I am so confused to which buy
Bike is for casual commute to work and for weekend fun
It will never be on track and i am planning to keep it for longer term
Not going to put expensive mods on it except exhaust.
My budget was initially 5k AUD which i am happy to extend for the right deal

Also i read in one article that 2011 received some upgrades
HELP A BROTHER OUT HERE !!

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
welp, in your case, mileage vs technology, does the 2011 have the technology to justify an additional 20k KM? also, the bloke wanting 7.5 for the 2006 is baiting you, offer him $4.5 and meet him at $5, show him the 2011 for 6.5,,, me> I'd go for over condition of the bike, scratches don't mean much, look for dents on top the front fender, rubber stuck to the under tail, that sort of stuff, see if its been beat to piss..

if the 2011 has like dual injectors? 64bit ECU vs 32bit, lighter wheels, and that sort of stuff consider the newer bike, modern technology speaks volumes in terms of dependability and performance, maybe even MPG.. plenty of guys have owned both, ask which they liked better and why, ask if either have known inherent issues and or problems, if so ask seller if they have been addressed

isn't 06/11 the same generations? if so consider the 750, its a 750, mo betta for commuting.. better passing power so forth.. you'll like it over the 600

·
Premium Member
6,140 Posts
here is your main differences in the gens.. a couple are pretty big I guess like the Brembos and big piston forks I guess? new gauges, shorter wheelbase, 9kg lighter, cams, vent holes for more torque.. 07/08 got the exhaust, sub frame, new slipper clutch.. significant I guess, body looks the same 06 to 11 , gonna be tough sorting the 11 600 over the 750 for sure... brembo's and forks, hmm......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts