Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! Sorry if I ask something that has been asked before but searching in the forum didn t find anything relevant...

Does anybody know if the next GSXR 600/750 (it s due in 2006 isn;t it?!) will have the looks of the K5 1000? I am in love with this thing but way to beastie for an inexperienced guy like me and too expensive for my budget also

Also, any info on when the new models will be releashed, I can t wait to change my Honda 599 but I wouldn t want to buy a model that will change within a few months+the reason mentioned above!

Thanks a lot in advance

·
Registered
489 Posts
From talking with my dealer, it looks like the '06 600 and 750 will be the same as the '04 and '05. Only thing that may change is the color offerings. Buy whenever you like.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i personally dont think that nothing will be done to the motor, or anything performance wise. In '05 the gsxr has been beaten by the other competitors when it won the roundup in '04, and since there has been such a high competition between the top manufacturers, the time span a bike model can stay the same at this present time is around 2 years. Hopefully it wont be at the bottom again.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The real answer to this is: No one knows. If you hear something from a dealer... you may as well believe the opposite, because dealers dont know jack. Take my word for it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
When I talked to the dealer about tyhe differences between the leftover 02' and the left over 04', they said the only difference was the body styling. Moral of the story is that the dealers seem to be as in the dark as we are.

·
Cock Thumb, or Thumb Cock? You decide.
31,593 Posts
i believe the 05 1k does have a slipper.. with the kawi coming with one, i personally feel zuk will implement one soon, maybe next year, especially if it follows suit of the 1k

·
Registered
489 Posts
There you have it, who knows?? As you can see each answer here was different. At least we all know the same thing. LOL

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
My dealer said they they were adding a third wheel, so people will stop dropping them in their driveways.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Maybe there will be a mod to remove that third wheel... I don't like three wheels I like two

and sometimes one

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys thanks for your responses, I just made sure what I knew was correct (nothing!
). Anyway, no matter what the styling I guess some engine mods will be done for the better and maybe a slipper clutch installed. I am thinking of changing my current bike at some point after September so I guess I could wait for the new model to arrive if this happens some time late in 2005 or early 2006

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello all! Sorry if I ask something that has been asked before but searching in the forum didn t find anything relevant...

Does anybody know if the next GSXR 600/750 (it s due in 2006 isn;t it?!) will have the looks of the K5 1000? I am in love with this thing but way to beastie for an inexperienced guy like me and too expensive for my budget also

Also, any info on when the new models will be releashed, I can t wait to change my Honda 599 but I wouldn t want to buy a model that will change within a few months+the reason mentioned above!

Thanks a lot in advance

Check here everyday.

http://www.media.suzuki.com/mc/
You can see that the K6 1000 already has updated color schemes. A red one, and I don't see the yellow any more!

It will either be here or from the guys at Sport Rider that we get our first peep.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Blue rims on the 2k6 600????? They REALLY need to go back to white rims and the polished steal frame.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
I don't think so...... I hated the metal look on my 02' when it was sitting next to the 04'. The black looks so much better.

My opinion.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.