Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Day

I have replaced the oil pump and the oil pressure is still low oil light still goes on @ low rpms. I will now have to check the bearings out any manual on this or specs I can work with once removing the crank?

Also, I have noticed when the bike is reaching over the halfway mark on the heat gauge the revs drop and the bike tends to die when trying to start it up again it struggles like all the power is drained(Battrey) .

The bike has been by plenty of mechanics and spent loads of money and still no luck I would like to do the job myself as I have basic knowledge of a bike but still have many more to learn any advise would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Jamie

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Those little water cooled GSXRs can be fickle. You need to test oil pressure with a gauge to make sure of the pressure. Sounds like the bike is running rich perhaps - ie. runs poorly when hot. You might have more luck on the general GSXR board, the water cooled motors will have more in common with your engine than the oil cooled ones on here, someone might even have one ? - worth a shot

1 - 2 of 2 Posts