Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
On my 1216 w head/cams I tried Mikuni RS 40's as well as FCR 39's&41's. Bike had a true 4-into-1 Vance&Hines SS pipe,the 41's made the most power up top followed by the RS40's. If you don't have a ported head/cams then go with the smaller size carbs. Can't tell ya about jetting as it's been 20yrs since I sold that bike.

The experts will be along soon enough to offer their opinions ;)

·
Registered
872 Posts
On my 1216 w head/cams I tried Mikuni RS 40's as well as FCR 39's&41's. Bike had a true 4-into-1 Vance&Hines SS pipe,the 41's made the most power up top followed by the RS40's. If you don't have a ported head/cams then go with the smaller size carbs. Can't tell ya about jetting as it's been 20yrs since I sold that bike.

The experts will be along soon enough to offer their opinions ;)
what carb boots did you go with, late model 750? weld-on spigots? I know the boots are a limiting factor for carb size

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
what carb boots did you go with, late model 750? weld-on spigots? I know the boots are a limiting factor for carb size
They were OEM boots,but not sure which year they were from. I remember it was a complete pain in the ass manhandling the carbs back onto the intake boots;I'd have to lay on top of the frame and using both hands,wiggle and pry up/down/side to side to get 'em back on. Took about 5mins of all-out cursing and yelling before they went on :lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts