Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got a problem with a leaky fuel tap. It's not leaking in to the carbs, more leaking around the Res/On/Pri tap itself.

Does anyone know a cure for this?

Dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Those stock petcocks corrode inside and become virtually useless after a while. This is what I used and it allowed me to get rid of the vacuum line.
PINGEL® - The Guzzler Fuel Valve

There is no reserve on the guzzler and you have to install an offset plate. I also opted to install a Pingel inline fuel filter.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks lads.

I did indeed find a rebuild kit. I've taken mine apart and replaced everything - what a mess the seals were in, no wonder it was leaking.

I did however manage to break the new tap shaft seal....anyone know where to get these as a single purchase?

Dave

Attachments

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Try somewhere local that makes hydraulic hoses etc. I get all my bearings, seals, and O-rings from the guy down the road. 3 bucks for a wheel bearing instead of 15. The small seal around the shifter shaft, he only charged me a couple bucks and was in overnight.

·
Premium Member
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got that sorted - thanks for the help. Ended up using a couple of rebuild kits and made a good tap out of them.

Now on to the next problem - carb cleaning...

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts