Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Bought a 1993 GSXR-1100 last may and I checked the registration info and it says that it has only 100hp. I know that it it´s brought here in Finland from Germany, but it has speedo in miles.. so I was just wondering, what did they do to get the power down to around 100hp?

Checked my carbs, and there´s 46E8 on the side of them. Couldn´t find it on the factory manual. Any ideas what carbs are they BST36SS?

Thanks for all the info!
Saku

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Man,

Check the intake between carburetor and engine. This german gixxers are restricted by washers in the gas stream. Don’t know a 46E8 carb.
Usually we have 46E0, 46E1 and 46E2. Sometimes 46EA. Please check the E number on the frame.

Cheers from Germany!

Hendrt

·
Registered
3 Posts
If it is a German model the E number on the frame is the E22 and the carb is a 46E3. So maybe you read a 8 instead of a 3. :)

Cheers,

Hendrik

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. Got to take those carbs out for cleanup and check for the restriction.
Checked the carbs again, and it´s definitely 46E8 and below that K2Y1..

Saku

·
Registered
4 Posts
My GSXR 1100 94 is a France model They were not restricted But I think some of there restrictions were in the CDI.Honda was famous for the Restrictor plates in the manifolds and Slight cam shaft specs and airbox restrictions

·
Registered
12 Posts
There were, as I understand, 2 ways GSXRs were restricted. 1 way was via the carb tops - it limited how high the slide could lift. Pull the airbox and manually lift the slide on the carb - if the slide can go all the way up, they're not the restricted carb tops.
Some were limited via the cam shafts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts