Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know some of u guys did the 6 speed conversion on yer 1100s did u guys use the 750 basket or did you use the bigger 1100 basket? my bike is turbocharged and im on my 3rd clutch in 3 weeks i need the bigger basket to help and for the availbility of lockups ...any help will be appriciated...steve

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
A better choice would be a lock-up. Does MRE make one for a 750? I'd give Mr. Turbo a call and see if they have a sugestion. But if you do this then you will have to deal with all that torque to the weak 6 speed.
Bones

·
Registered
61 Posts
Originally posted by gsxrturbobike:
my bike is turbocharged and im on my 3rd clutch in 3 weeks
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">3 clutches in 3 weeks?
Well done!! most of the people learn, when they have done something wrong first time.
I am not familiar with 750´s, but I am pretty sure this 1127 clutchbasket will work in 750's also... it sure does work in 1052, F-engines and Bandits without modifications. The only difference is the length of the axel. Leaving one plate out gives much enough of lenth more to tighten it. I guess you have already added some pressureplates, have you?? when turbocharging it is more than must. Once again I do not know the 750's but even in 1127-clutch you need to add one or two plates to make it work in high rpm's.
100%
Call APE (http://www.gsxrzone.com/clutches.html), they have many possibilities to solve this issue, in case of standard 1127 clutch does not sit there. If you can not find second hand 1127 clutch, it could be that you could get in the same money, than a new standard clutch, a brand new hi-po clutch from there.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mre doesent make a lockup for a 750 off the shelf i can send them my basket ..theyllmake me one for 500 bucks id rather use the 1100 stuff considering i havent even turned this thing up yet

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I have those parts from both bikes in my shop, I can check it out and reply later.

I think there might be a problem with the length of the clutch shaft though.

I'll compare them and get back to you.

If they will work I'll sell you the parts you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts