Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gsxr 1100 black box help
Hi yep total newbie on here but have been riding a gixxer for last ten years or more...i have a 1989 Gsxr1100 street-fighter....but wait....when I bought this bike as an unfinished project it had a gsxr750 slingshot engine(yeah yeah I know that’s the wrong way round, imagine the embarrassment), I have been happily riding on this for many years until my insurance would no longer cover me as the engine does not match the frame and the many other changes made. Any way I have now got the original 1100 engine and shoved it in but have now got issues with the slightly doctor wiring loom as the black box is from the 750. so I have purchased an 1100 black box, but the pins have been changed in the connector block on the original wiring and i am very confused as to how to put this back to normal, anybody shed some light or even a picture of connector showing correct coloured wires would be much appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
856 Posts
its just that, switch the pins around, look at wiring diagrams for both and see what goes where and match them up. I managed to put an '86 750 box onto a '90 1100 wire harness. It'll be easier if you get the rotor and pickups off the 750 and onto the 1100

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply

750 only has the one pickup
and the 1100 has two. is that going to be a problem?

·
Registered
856 Posts
it was the opposite when I did mine, the 750 had two and the 1100 had one. but I used the 750 box. do you not have the rotor assembly to pair with the CDI? your best bet is to use the 750 ignition setup on the 1100

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
Gixxerider86
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing