Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
11,132 Posts
CS Racing comes from Brazil and is of unknown quality. The Taylormade is good looking but notorious for the muffler/expansion chamber blowing open. Frankly I'm surprised that the ebay item hasn't split open. It's possible that this resulted from backfiring if the PAIR system isn't disabled but that's largely a guess. If you can fabricate/weld and can do it well, it ought to be possible to build a better/stronger chamber (as I recall the Taylormade chamber was riveted together and tore apart at the rivets). Also I remember it as a slip-on so the headers in the ebay listing probably are from somewhere else. Finally Taylormade was one of several who got in trouble with the California Air Resources Board for selling unapproved exhaust systems for street bikes. They ended up paying a $7750 fine, small change compared to others.

P.S. Unfortunately the pics are long gone but this is what came to mind regarding making a better expansion chamber. He and his friend were skilled fabricators. Taylormade's strength was in making CF panels of one sort or another. I have one of his shark fin chain guards.

· You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
11,132 Posts
Here's some insight into CS Racing. Note the videos, including one showing pics of the welded chamber. I'm generally impressed. The business location isn't so hot (go to maps and street view) but standards vary in different parts of the world.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts